Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need Draw Knife for longbow project

I am sending Pete my two drawknives...one a curved edge, the other a straight edge. He MIGHT have them by Sunday.....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Lau View Post
    I'm curious about how people can make a bow with a drawknife, but no spokeshave.
    While I do use a spokeshave, most bowyers I know do not. They go from bandsaw, ax or drawknife, to assorted rasps and scrapers.

Drawknives have been sent, should be there by Monday's mail. I got cut three times, just wrapping them up in bubble wrap. Barely felt any of them. Be very careful unwrapping them.

According to the tracking number, package of two drawknives was delivered today. Might want to check the mailbox?

Got the two drawknives from Steven today in the mail, they are in great shape, and I can't wait to put them to good use on the bow. It always amazes me the friendliness of people here on SMC!!
    "When I got home, I drank six more glasses of whiskey and then I finished crafting this small harp, using a bandsaw, a spokeshave, and an oscillating spindle sander." - Ron Swanson