Thread: Northern Utah wood suppliers?

Northern Utah wood suppliers?

I'll be relocating to the Logan, Utah area this spring. I'm looking for suppliers of hardwood, hardwood plywood, MDO board and good shop grade plywood in the Logan, Brigam City, Ogden or Salt Lake area. There are two lumberyards in Logan but they seem to specialize in contractor supplies and don't even list regular plywood on their web sites, let alone MDO board. There are both HD and Lowe's in Logan but I would rather avoid them for anything other than low grade utility stuff and emergencies. I have really been spoiled by living in the Seattle area for the last 30 years.

If anyone has a lead on small hardwood sawmills, I'm interested in that as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

If money is no issue, you can get most anything you want at MacBeath Hardwoods. You will pay a premium, but they have just about anything you might want in hardwood. Plus you can pick and sort to your heart's content. At least you could last time I was there about eight years ago.

I typically buy from Intermountain Wood Products or National Hardwood. I have accounts at both and get a decent price. My volumes are small, but so is my discount. I would set up an account under your favorite name and treat them like a vendor for a small business.

I know there are places in Ogden, but have never tried any of them.

I lived in SLC 5-6 years ago. Macbeath had quite a selection but it was quite a price too.
    I was very happy to find High Mountain Forest Priducts. They had great prices and a very good selection of domestic hardwoods and sheer goods. I remember digging through a bunk of hard maple and finding matched 12" wide boards don't see stuff like that at every yard, price was great too.

Great information, thanks. I'm looking forward to checking them out. If anyone knows of any places farther north (Ogden, Brigham), I'm interested there as well.

You'll love it there by the way. Good people, beautiful scenery, lots to do outdoors and you're close to the big city.

I'll second what they said above. I usually just go to Macbeth because it's easy. Last time I was at High Mountain Forest Products you had to get them to bring a pallet of whatever you were looking for up for you, kind of a pain! Either place has a great selection.