Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look who showed up ......

Look who showed up ......

Suffolk VA, Oct 22nd, 2016. Anyone recognize this guy inspecting Neal's & Shannon's gilding ? LOLSuffolkReunion1.jpg

Andy Griffith?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    Andy Griffith?
    That made me LOL!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Is that a no?

Is that a no?
    Dude...Andy and Barney both are in that big Mayberry in the ski! .
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Doug, that's Keith Outten, owner, cheif admin of SawMill Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

OK, but you have to admit if it was Andy it would really be noteworthy.

It sure would.

Andy Rooney

Turnabout is fair play Rodger

glt 1 IMG_0605.JPG Our Master Sign Maker Rodger MacMunn lecturing about the fine points of using gold leaf for signs.

glt 2 IMG_0604.JPG You can tell from this picture that Rodger had everyone's attention.

glt 3 IMG_0599.JPG The task at hand was to put several different types of gold leaf on a plaque that can be used as a sample and of course learn about various techniques as well.

glt 4 IMG_0598.JPG Rodger was not just an excellent teacher he included several very entertaining stories as well keeping everyone laughing.

glt 5 IMG_0597.JPG In this picture you can see SawMill Creeker Mark Henry and his wife working on their plaque.

More in the next post.
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 10-26-2016 at 10:50 AM.

glt 6 IMG_0596.JPG Neal Meyers and his wife Shannon.

glt 7 IMG_0602.JPG Another picture of the very busy group, it took awhile to get all of the gold leaf installed.

glt 10 SR Hardwoods .JPG I failed to get a picture of Chris Vickers, our host for the event, who is also a Member of SawMill Creek. Chris and his wife opened up their beautiful farm and business for everyone to enjoy and learn about gold leaf techniques from Rodger. The building we were in was full of beautiful wood of every species you could imagine, there was eye candy everywhere. At the end of the training session Chris and his wife provided an incredible feast for everyone. I was unable to stay for Dinner but I expect there was a party that lasted into the wee hours.
    Chris does commercial lumber sales and some custom machining for a variety of local contractors and cabinet shops.
    Thank you Rodger and Chris for inviting me to attend the event, it was a lot of fun and Southern Hospitality at its very best.

Sommerton Ridge Hardwoods
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 10-26-2016 at 10:46 AM.

Well, the cats out of the bag but I was going to say Captain Kangeroo
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Keith, I was great to have you join us. Too bad you skipped out on supper .........as usual, Carla outdid herself. Damn that woman can cook ..........

Mayberry?

Mt. Airy N.C.

A decent, technical MC rd heads due N out of there.Have passed through that part of the st. on numerous trips.I'd give it a 50/50 on broken vs smooth pavement.Lots of Harleys.We're usually in a hurry,so can't speak too much about the scenery....doh.

Can say that,while in town,have seen Barney

Um...seeing the people is nice, but those stacks of beautiful lumber are VERY distracting. LOL (Seriously, looks like it was a very educational event!)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim... I knew he stocked some really nice stuff but nothing prepared me for that first eyeful. I don't use any exotic lumber, but I still love it .......