Thread: Depth Adjuster for Stanley 65 Low Angle Block Plane?

Depth Adjuster for Stanley 65 Low Angle Block Plane?

Hi All,

A friend just gave me a rather rusty but functional Stanley 65 low angle block plane. I have managed to clean it up pretty good, but the depth adjuster that is currently on the plane doesn't have a knob on the end. In it's place is a square nut that must have been added to replace a broken knob.

My my question is this: If I were to look for a replacement, are there any other depth adjusters that would work? For example, would a depth adjuster from a 60 1/2 fit on this plane? If anyone has any recommendations I would love to hear them.

Thanks in advance!

Jody

Blog Entries
    Hi Jody and welcome to the Creek. My curiosity always has my wondering where folks call home.

If I remember and have the time I will try to get out to my shop and check this tomorrow.

I know things may have changed over the years on these. I bought a replacement through ebay. I made sure it was of the same vintage as my plane.

The knob was just press fit on the end. Mine was glued on and the knob had a chip out of it. The knob would often fall off. Mine also had somewhat worn threads.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Might go and check out nhplaneparts.com at Fleabay.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by steven c newman View Post
    Might go and check out nhplaneparts.com at Fleabay.
    He has one listed on ebay currently, item #182306116205

There are others listed. You may want one that is correct for when your plane was made.

I looked at my planes and it appears the adjuster for the #60-1/2 isn't compatible.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)