Thread: For those that use Laserworks (or RDworks)

For those that use Laserworks (or RDworks)

For those that use laserworks (or some variation of that software):

Do you find that the time estimate, found on the preview screen, is reasonably accurate?

For me, it always seems to estimate about 20% faster than it should. Meaning it takes 20% longer to do the job than it estimates.

I also thought this was very strange: I was doing a raster design and cutout that I needed 2 copies of. I added a second one to the project, right next to the first, and the estimated work time jumped from 24 minutes to 62 minutes. I thought for sure it would be FASTER doing both together as the x axis overswings would only have to be done once per line. Am I missing something? Or is the estimation just probably off for some reason?
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

I have found that it is reasonably accurate only if there is just one speed/power setting being used. When there is a variety of speeds it is wildly inaccurate.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Blog Entries
    Same here. I usually run a job once and time it and then write that down for later reference. Keep in mind I am not a production shop so it is easy for me to be pretty lackadaisical about it. (I have no idea why the word "lackadaisical" popped in my head just now? Fun word though!! <grin> And I have no idea what a daisical is or why I am lacking one. And no idea what the plural of that is. Lacktwodaisical?)
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Harman View Post
    I have found that it is reasonably accurate only if there is just one speed/power setting being used. When there is a variety of speeds it is wildly inaccurate.
    +1 on that-I find the same. Also the x travel time/distance will be more than simply doubled.
    Bill Carruthers, Rarotonga, Cook Islands
    Shenhui G350- 60W; + Hengchunyuan 1300x900 100W EFR , CNC router 40x60, Lightburn fan, RDCam , Coreldraw 12, Photograv 3, Scroll saw, and not enough time to play with all of them!