Yup another mobile base! Bet no-one's ever built one of those before

But its time I do it... I am building one for a PM 140 bandsaw.
base resize.jpg

I am planning on putting a hardwood frame around the exterior with corner angle brackets to catch the corners of the base (with leveling feet on each corner of the external hardwood frame to hit the floor). I would ideally like to make the mobile part inside the base to keep it low profile, but since its an enclosed base this eliminates many design options. My plan is to more or less build the mobile part similar to what's depicted here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMdKdglWMHo

A lever that activates 2 cams on the inside of the base pushing down hinged wheel assemblies. My drawing gives an idea but has some mistakes that make it so it doesn't really quite make sense...
bandsaw mobile base.jpg

The heart of my question is this: How would you attach items (the actuating lever/handle and the cams) to the pipe to withstand rotational force and how would you set up the bushings/bearings and end stops/retainers? My limited experience with this stuff involves the use of keyways on motor shafts and stop collars on router bits. As far as pipe, I don't know what's out there to do those sorts of things (to provide a bushing and retention such as a stop collars would, etc). Only idea I currently have is to send bolts through a drilled hole in the pipe's diameter. Wasn't sure if there was anything more elegant or effective. As far as a bushing, I can only think to use the wood itself, maybe with some nylon washers as spacers.

Thanks for any thoughts

Tyler