Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20 Watt Fiber from Ray Fine or Bodor?

157735-10385956.jpg
    This one MFS-20?
    From what I have found so are the Raycus unit is better. But MAX is improving and found in alot of Asian fiber systems.
    Darren Wilson

Tool Control Solutions

Gerber Syst. 48 CNC Router
    Epilog 36EXT
    MAX MPS-20 Galvo 20w MOPA Fiber
    Roland LEF-200 UV Printer
    Wisely/JPT 60W MOPA

And I may end up with the Raycus from Ray Fine. I have not found any proof yet but supposedly the Max has had issues.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George;[URL="tel:2620415"
    2620415[/URL]]And I may end up with the Raycus from Ray Fine. I have not found any proof yet but supposedly the Max has had issues.
    This is only 2 machines out of who knows how many, but both of mine have Raycus sources and they are working fine so far. One is almost 2 years old and the other is less than a year. It's my understanding that there is almost nothing to wear out in these machines, if they work from the start then they'll pretty much work for a long time.

I ended up ordering the Ray Fine RF-F-20W
    with Raycus power source (thanks Gary and all) with Rotary and extra lens 150x150. Very good price and so far good service.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill George; 11-05-2016 at 7:39 AM.

Congrats Bill!

Blog Entries
    Congrats Bill! Be sure to let us know how this goes and what you think of Blanca and Ray Fine.

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

So I have a DHL tracking number, thanks Blanca and it should be here Thursday the 17th. Big big learning curve ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill George View Post
    I think I have some industrial accounts lined up for metal laser work. I think the 20 watt portable one will work for a starter machine. I am assuming if the mark is not deep enough for a customer you can just make two passes.

I have two decent quotes from well known Chinese manufacturers and with direct import I will need to factor in brokerage fees and shipping from West coast port. The Bodor was a lot more money but I kind of suspect most of these are made about the same.

The Bodor uses a Maxphotonics and the Ray Fine uses Raycus source and I am not sure which is better. Both software is EZCAD. Advice, yes I know I should purchase from a USA vender and pay 3x as much for the same Made in China machine, but I am experienced enough to fix just about any properly designed CNC.
    If you have not made a purchase yet, I can give you some advice. First- the failure rate of the Max is clearly higher than Raycus, and the basic standards are lower. If you buy a 30W Max, it will pass their test if it makes 25.1W or more.

MOST importantly, when you buy direct from China- be aware that the risk of fraud is very high, and the options to protect yourself are few. The only way is to demand a method of financial safety that can't be corrupted. A third-party escrow that allows you to inspect what you received before the funds are released to the seller is ideal. All sellers want full payment in advance, leaving you no leverage at all. If you are adamant enough, you will find some that will eventually agree to escrow.

There is a story online about a China laser maker, Ocean Link Technologies, where an order with detailed specifications and Raycus laser arrived- and had a factory reject Max laser in place that had been painted over with a spray can to hide the Max brand. It failed the factory test with output only 21W. Seller refused to correct, and even though he admitted the parts switch (all key parts were below spec) the Trade Assurance program at Alibaba refused to acknowledge there was a quality issue, and left buyer out of luck. That story and evidence is at laserscams.com.

Don, that is why this Forum exists, If you take the time to Search before posting you will find this has been discussed in depth.