Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grizzly: Big Gloat

Thanks again guys. The saw cuts just beautiful. I put a 1/2" woodslicer on and tuned it up. I cut some 1/16" and 1/8" veneer last night from some scrap 1 X 6 oak. It cut so clean all I did was sanded it a little which is probably the blade more than the saw. Also resawed some 8/4 ash 1 X 8 and didn't even bother to slow the saw down. After using the smaller saw which had some vibration this thing you can stand a nickel on it, hit the start button and it doesn't even shake. I am waiting on my 3/4" 3 tpi and 3/4" 2 tpi timberwolf blades to show up from Suffolk. I have 3 walnut logs 5 ft. long by 10" in diameter. I am anxious to see how it cuts them. Suffolk recommended the 3/4" 2 tpi for resawing log.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Thanks for the tip, Bernie. I've been thinking about trying a Woodslicer blade.

-Andy

Andy, I was amazed at the smoothness of the cut. I sanded a little and my wife couldn't tell which side I had cut.
    Bernie

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

That sounds good to me. I remember when I got my Forrest II and what a difference it made for my tablesaw. I'll check out the Woodslicer. I like my Grizzly BS also - including the riser block.

- Andy

I have the same bandsaw and I am a little disappointed with the imberwolf blades neither cut as clean as the crap blade that came on the bandsaw in the first place. They all cut like butter but the cut was serrated almost I may have to add even more tension.

Congrats on the new bandsaw!

Thanks Kelly and Kurt. Kurt I don't think the timberwolf blades do cut as smooth as the woodslicer does. Not from what I have seen so far at least for the 3tpi blade. I must say they do cut good and better than a couple of others I have tried. I think some of my problem is the way I feed the wood into the blade. i mean not feeding at a constant speed. Sometimes on the timberwolf blades I get a pretty smooth cut and others I don't. So I am not sure at this point.
    Bernie