Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Festool Pro-5 Sander

Festool Pro-5 Sander

I ordered a $99 Festool Pro-5 sander and recently got a delivery date - March 9, 2017. I kid you not. That's the delivery date they gave me. Good thing I don't need it right away.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

And here I thought you were going to post pictures of it in your shop!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    And here I thought you were going to post pictures of it in your shop!
    I could post a picture of 4 of them in a stack... but that would just be mean.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Mine wasn't as bad, Feb. 25, 2017.....how many of these sanders sold?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Mine wasn't as bad, Feb. 25, 2017.....how many of these sanders sold?
    I have seen several numbers but nothing definative but I think it is safe to bet it was more than 10,000 (probably significantly more). This hit slick deals very early on and there are a lot of flippers that make a living buying deals like these and reselling them.

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

At my age, I don't buy green bananas. So by the time this thing shows up, I won't remember how to use it

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    At my age, I don't buy green bananas. So by the time this thing shows up, I won't remember how to use it
    Good one Mike.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 11-09-2016 at 4:15 PM. Reason: fixed quote tagging
    Aj

I got mine today. Haven't had a chance to run it yet though.

As Van said, the deal was posted on slickdeals very quickly and I imagine a significant number of these are merely going to be flipped. It was such a good deal that there was no way flippers were going to ignore it.

I walked into my local woodcraft and inquired about availability. To my surprise, they had 3 in stock and I got mine. Now I am going to pick out a track saw

I picked up mine a few days ago and used it for the first time yesterday on a bread board I made for my sister. Incredibly smooth action.
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 11-09-2016 at 4:19 PM.

Ah well. At least youll get one. Just pretend it was like a Woodpeckers One Time Tool and you have to wait six months AFTER pre-paying to get it. At least most of the resellers for the Pro 5 LTD dont charge you until it ships. Guess thats good for something.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Spear View Post
    I picked up mine a few days ago and used it for the first time yesterday on a bread board I made for my sister. Incredibly smooth action.
    I'm glad to hear this...clearly, they are both "testing the waters" to see how the market responds to a lower price point tool with their name on it as well as using this as an "entry drug" for the rest of their line.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    Ah well. At least youll get one. Just pretend it was like a Woodpeckers One Time Tool and you have to wait six months AFTER pre-paying to get it. At least most of the resellers for the Pro 5 LTD dont charge you until it ships. Guess thats good for something.
    I don't think Woodpeckers charges until they ship...last I recall and I have picked up a few One Time Tools.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Can you still order it, thx RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Wurgley View Post
    Can you still order it, thx RJ
    LOL

They stopped pre orders over a month ago after just 3 days and WAY oversold. Your options now are to find a a local dealer with one in stock or hit eBay or some of the forum classifieds but the latter options will cost more than $99.