Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stevie Nicks

Count me in as a fan of Fleetwood Mac. A few years back they came through Detroit and were re-joined by Christine McVie. A really great concert. My wife is a huge fan of Stevie...I, frankly, prefer Christine's voice. I still regard their earliest albums (pre-Stevie/Lindsey) as some of my all time favorites. Lindsey is a remarkable guitar player...
    Last edited by Phil Mueller; 11-10-2016 at 9:43 PM.

Phil, I agree with you about Lindsay's guitar playing. His guitar looks unlike any other I can recall. Tonight's project is to see what I can find out about it. It seems quite small and cut away above the neck as well as below. Cheers

Wayne; I hope your not drinking that South Australian Southwark Beer. It bound to upset your stomach and give you nightmares.

Stewie;

Stewie, no I don't drink the stuff! I'm sure they badly recycle the stuff from the treatment works, bottle it and tell everyone it is great. Being from the north of Tasmania there is only one beer - Boags. The southerners can have their Cascade. Truth be told, I can't drink any of it any more - for some reason even half a stubbie gives me an almost instant migraine. Cheers
    Every construction obeys the laws of physics. Whether we like or understand the result is of no interest to the universe.

Blog Entries
    Sorry, not much of a Stevie Nicks fan here. The Rumors album was great. I think that Stevie brought out the best (and the worst) in Lindsey Buckingham.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pixley View Post
    Sorry, not much of a Stevie Nicks fan here. The Rumors album was great. I think that Stevie brought out the best (and the worst) in Lindsey Buckingham.
    Yes, as I said earlier, it never pays to get to know your god/goddess too closely - they all have flaws despite what the true believers want to think. I just love the music of her voice and the poetry of her lyrics. Cheers
    Every construction obeys the laws of physics. Whether we like or understand the result is of no interest to the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac McQuinn View Post
    Stevie has certainly stood the test of time, that said, Allison Krauss's voice with her effortless delivery works for me every time I hear any of her songs.
    Mac
    I have to agree with that, great voice, wonderful presentation and easy on the eyes.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Fleetwood Mac was much better before Buckinghan and Nicks joined.
    Buchinghan is a good guitar player but Nicks voice is droning.

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    WHAT?! Back the truck up, Bill. That's amazing. What was interesting? Did she have good taste?
    Sorry for the delay but I've been pondering how to appropriately respond. I am not really comfortable "telling stories out of school" as "facts" frequently get distorted and we all know what happens to a tale as it is passed on and subsequently embellished. I also believe strongly in a client's privacy. So here is what I care to share....

In the 70s my firm (Architecture & Construction) was located in central Beverly Hills and focused primarily on custom residential projects on the west side of LA (traffic was too ugly to travel east) although at one point we had done 5 retail stores on Beverly Drive and Canon Drive. We were contracted to design and build four spec. homes on five beautiful acres just off Sunset Blvd in Santa Monica Canyon. As we were performing site planning and preliminary design, three of the lots were put into custom contracts by the developer. The first to John & Julie Forsythe (John had been the lead in the 1950s TV series"Bachelor Father" and was the voice of the then current TV nighttime soap "Dallas") and the other two to Stevie Nicks & her manager. Years later Arnold Schwarzenegger bought all four completed residences and created a gated compound.

As a long time fan, I was really excited about meeting Ms Nicks and designing/building a home for her. As fate would have it, Fleetwood Mac was on the Tusk Tour for the majority of the process. Great for them but not so much for me. I met with her a couple of times and can only describe these sessions as "strangely interesting". Beautiful woman, very talented, flowing garments, unusual necklace and in need of an interpreter to communicate. I was so looking forward to meeting the real Stevie and sharing the experience of creating a home but that never really happened. Nothing evil at all and I was personally relieved when she entered a rehab program a few years later. Her state of mind and body at the time was clairified in a documentary many years later and helped me understand some of what had occurred during this period.

Stevie and Fleetwood Mac remain one of my all time favorites.
    Last edited by Bill McNiel; 11-12-2016 at 3:46 PM.

I grew up to my Mom spinning Fleetwood Mac. It's quite the nostalgic band for me.

Watch "Sound City", a documentary by Dave Grohl of Nirvana and the Foo Fighters, and you'll get a greater appreciation of Stevie and Lindsey in their early years pre-Fleetwood.
    -Lud

Bill, that's a great story. It is all the better for your respect for her privacy. On top of this you have stayed a fan. Cheers