Thread: Router Fence Question

Red face Router Fence Question

I have inherited a very good work bench into which I have installed a Hitachi M12V2 router which I attached to a Woodpecker Unilift.
    The work bench is very smooth, robust and level. It couples as a router table.
    The work bench is built against the concrete wall of the workshop and extends the entire length of the workshop which is about 4m (13 feet).
    Depth of the work bench is 60cm (2 feet).
    The centre of the Woodpecker Unilift (bit centre) is located 30cm (1 foot) from the front edge of the bench and is centred longitudinally on the bench. i.e. at 2m (6.5 feet).

Please advise what INKRA (or other) fence system would fit this space.
    Could Inkra's LS Positioner carriage be modified as it is too long to fit the available depth of 60cm (2 feet)?
    Does anyone know of any fence that could be accommodated in above work bench (router table) dimensions?
    Or is self build the only solution?

Thank you in anticipation of your assistance.

Eamon McElduff

Eamon, welcome to SMC. For a basic fence like the Woodpeckers or Benchdog Pro Fence you could inlay 2 pieces of T-Tract into your bench top.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney