Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Who Remembers ___________________

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Finn View Post
    "Dad's" Root beer,
    I took my driving test in a '56 dodge. Big fins and push button transmission.
    Radio shows: Lone Ranger, Red Rider, "The fat man" and cars with an option to crank start.
    Boy I guess I am OLD!

What I do miss is "Pepsi Free" it was a diet Pepsi with lemon, came in a blue can.
    Jim, you can still purchase Dad's root beer in Kentucky. Big fins on cars were the days.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    Who remembers when people at at home instead of all the restaurants? There were nowhere near as many restaurants during my childhood.
    Yeah, and if you left for a trip to grandma's on a Sunday you'd best pack a lunch and have a full tank of gas.

Hai Karate... a bottle of my dad's is still on the nightstand in our bedroom

Maypo... I guess they still make it, but the 'original' has been gone since the mid '60's (so wiki sez)

Public smoking...
    Doctors advertising cigarettes...
    I get a kick out of watching old TV shows- Perry Mason, I love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke, everyone was puffing away in those days...
    Not long ago I saw some news footage of some TV reporters the day Kennedy was shot, their desk was littered with overflowing ashtrays...
    When I started working for Denny's in 1971, the non-smoking area was 2 tables by the bathroom away from all the other tables.
    I remember smoking while grocery shopping, in hospital waiting rooms, lighting up in the court house after getting married the last time...
    That ship has certainly sailed...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    I remember smoking while grocery shopping
    One of the things to help me stop smoking was to realize it wasn't me smoking, it was the cigarette that smoked, I was just the sucker.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

My dentist use to smoke while I was in the chair.

Lots of memories of SPAM, but I used to have the Canadian version called "SPORK"

I thought a spork as a combination of a spoon and fork, usually in the plastic variety.