Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Remembers ___________________

Who Remembers ___________________

I went to the store and ask for a snack from years past, shoe strings (like thin potato shoe strings in a can). The clerk laughed as though they never existed. I left a fill in the blank so you can place your own item/event from the past, but do any of you know if they still make shoe strings?

I remember them well, they were made by French's, Pik-Nik and Butterfield I believe. Walmark carries them as does Amazon still, even in BBQ and Salt and Vinegar flavored.
    Good Luck,
    Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    I left a fill in the blank so you can place your own item/event from the past
    The cereal "Puffed Rice". The cookies "Lemon Thins". The beer "Rheingold"

We haven't had shoe string potatoes at the house for years then my wife came home with a can about a week ago. I just looked in the kitchen to see the name but it hasn't survived. I didn't see the can in the garbage.

Remember the Jello that you poured in the cup and it separated into three layers? Remember Mrs. Butterworth syrup with 2% real butter?

I miss fire brewed in copper kettles Strohs. The stuff sold now just isn't the same.

-Tom

I went to the store and ask for a snack from years past, shoe strings (like thin potato shoe strings in a can). The clerk laughed as though they never existed. I left a fill in the blank so you can place your own item/event from the past, but do any of you know if they still make shoe strings?
    They're in the convenience store around the corner, and at the supermarket in town.

Me, I miss Simba soda. It was great as a kid. As an adult I might gag on it, but I drank it every chance I got when I was 10 or 12.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Blood orange soda .....

Simba and Blood orange soda must have been regional. I loved the lemon thins and haven't thought of them in years.

Simba and Blood orange soda must have been regional. I loved the lemon thins and haven't thought of them in years.
    Yeah, they may have been. I grew up in Southern California in the 60's and 70's.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

Anyone remember NuGrape? Best tasting grape soda around. I just googled it and it's still available.
    "When the horse is dead, GET OFF."

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Tashiro View Post
    The cereal "Puffed Rice". The cookies "Lemon Thins". The beer "Rheingold"
    I bought Puffed Rice a few months ago at Food Lion but haven't seen it since.

Real Milk in a bottle with cream on top
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Lemon Thins were great - Orange Thins even greater!
    "A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths."
    -Steven Wright.

Lemon thins and Nabisco Cameo cookies. The Keebler Vienna Fingers just don't compare Cameo and never did.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

At least we can still find Spam.