Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miter saw dust collection ideas?

Blog Entries
    If you want the saw up against the wall, cut out a 14.5" wide hole in the wall (width between studs), and use the stud cavity as a plenum, best at the bottom. Block off the cavity above the hole. Pic shows wings along the hole, I removed them later.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NOW you tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by Jebediah Eckert View Post
    ^^^ Can't you just give a search term to plug in to get it to come up? I tried every which way and could not find it. You have a definitive answer that could be "shop changing" for Bosch Glide owners.

Thanks
    Exactly my point, I can PM the original poster but others miss out.
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 11-22-2016 at 4:14 PM.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

I wasn't saying post a link (or whatever would be in violation). In other threads people have said "google XYZ and it will come up." Your trying to make a point with the rule but whatever is fine.

Thanks.

Thanks Don, this looks like a perfect solution. I now know what project I will be working on during the long weekend. I held onto my original Jet dust collector when I upgraded thinking I would use it just for the miter saw. Paralysis through Analysis set it so I did nothing. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Kondra View Post
    This is a build I did a few years ago....

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ion-for-a-SCMS

Cheers, Don

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parks View Post
    Exactly my point, I can PM the original poster but others miss out.
    How about at least posting a picture of your setup here? Maybe we dont need the whole build thread on it.
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 11-22-2016 at 4:15 PM.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Brandstetter View Post
    Thanks Don, this looks like a perfect solution. I now know what project I will be working on during the long weekend. I held onto my original Jet dust collector when I upgraded thinking I would use it just for the miter saw. Paralysis through Analysis set it so I did nothing. Thanks again.
    Have fun !

We want pictures

Cheers, Don
    Don Kondra – Furniture Designer/Maker
    Product Photographer

Can you please PM the link to me? Thanks! -Jason

First thing to do to control dust better on a Bosch Glide is to replace the factory blade with a 90 - 100 tooth quality blade. That made a huge difference for me. The Kapex shroud fits the Bosch and helps, too.
    Those are the first and most important changes IMO. Whatever scatter of dust remaining becomes easier to manage.

What is in the linked thread is my answer to the problem and it work perfectly with no residual dust to clean up in the front or behind the saw but it does have limitations to how the saw can be used. While I have not done it yet I have just posted explaining the changes I will make to overcome those issues. BTW this hood is hooked up to a 6" duct to a CV1800 cyclone, I would not expect it to work as well with 4" pipe as the air flow would be too low.
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 11-22-2016 at 3:59 PM.
    Chris

Chris, you do realize one has to register on that forum in order to view the pictures ?

How long do you really think it would have taken you to cut and paste the text and upload six pictures ?

Cheers, Don
    Don Kondra – Furniture Designer/Maker
    Product Photographer

Thanks for trying but I can't view the pictures as well. Tough without those. Sure look like it works good on the video, I wished it showed the build.

It's pretty simple, take 5 minutes and register, that is what I would have to do if I wanted to see anything on this forum and in fact did way back when.
    Chris

Hi Jason,

While not the same saw and with some modification, what I did for a 10" CMS (non-slider) might work for you. It works very well assuming you have enough airflow.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...08#post2457208

Excellent tip about the blade. Thanks, Peter! --Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Follett View Post
    First thing to do to control dust better on a Bosch Glide is to replace the factory blade with a 90 - 100 tooth quality blade. That made a huge difference for me. The Kapex shroud fits the Bosch and helps, too.
    Those are the first and most important changes IMO. Whatever scatter of dust remaining becomes easier to manage.