Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trouble starting snowblower

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Jobe View Post
    I think the claim that it is more "green" than gasoline is bogus. And there's less energy in it.
    Nobody thinks it is green! It takes more energy to grow the corn and turn it into alcohol than is contained in the alcohol.
    It is purely and simply a subsidy for farmers. We would all be better off if we just gave them money and stopped ruining our gasoline; but you know Washington.
    (If I wanted to be charitable, I would say that the program was just a prototype for when we can make alcohol out of agricultural waste; but that day may never come)

It actually works well in Brazil where they make it cheaply out of sugar cane; but you can't grow sugar cane in the US unless it is heavily subsidized.
    Last edited by Wade Lippman; 11-19-2016 at 3:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    The evaporating gas leaves a deposit in all the tiny passages in the carb. I always remove the gas from all my equipment (snow blower, mower, tiller) at the end of the season then start it and run it untill it stops when it has used up the gas left in the tank and csrb bowel.
    I have yet to use a stabilizer. I just siphon then run the gas out and store the machine. Been doing it that way for decades.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I have a Sears /Craftsman snowblower that I bought about 30 years ago. Every spring I empty the gas and run it until it quits. In the fall I change the oil and spark plug and grease all the fittings and fill with gas and stabilizer. Starts first push of the electric start every year....hope I don't jinx it by saying this!!!!