Thread: Sharpening service-- tacome/Puyallup area

Sharpening service-- tacome/Puyallup area

Colleagues: have a whole box-- and then some -- of Forstner bits that need sharpening. Checked around locally and no knows how to or does this sharpening, but they will sell me new bits.

Prefer not to mail them to sharpening service, unless necessary.Thanks!

Ray,
    I came across this place when I was looking for a a person to grind some Freud shaper inserts. This is from the Freud website. I don't know if it is close enough for you or if they sharpen forstner bits. You might want to give them a call.

Eastside Saw
    12880 Bel-Red Road
    Bellevue, WA 98005
    425-454-7627

The Sumner Woodworker Store has a vendor who sharpens saw blades, don't know if they do Forstner bits or not.

908 Cherry Ave, Sumner, WA 98390
    (253) 891-9413

Hi Ray,
    I use Emerald Tool--8009 7th Av S Seattle--206-767-5670--for all my blade and bit sharpening. Very old school machine shop with seasoned veterans. I imagine they have been doing industrial sharpening for a several generations. There is a Hawaiian barbecue close by and Woodcraft is just a few blocks up on Michigan so it is worth te trip(s) up from Puyallup.

Blog Entries
    I have had great service from Snook's Saw. They made a couple of custom blades for me and did such outstanding work I send all my stuff there even though there is a sharpener in town . . . and I live in SoCal.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 11-20-2016 at 12:42 PM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    Ray,
    I came across this place when I was looking for a a person to grind some Freud shaper inserts. This is from the Freud website. I don't know if it is close enough for you or if they sharpen forstner bits. You might want to give them a call.

Eastside Saw
    12880 Bel-Red Road
    Bellevue, WA 98005
    425-454-7627
    I can put in another vote for Eastside. I have used them for years, including forstners for my high school. They do excellent work.