Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems With MicroJig Order Fulfillment?

Angry Problems With MicroJig Order Fulfillment?

On Oct 23 2016 I ordered a MicroJig Grr-ripper push block system from Rockler, which included a free upgrade to the deluxe version (basically, a larger base addon). I received the basic push block from Rockler on Oct 27. I had to fill out a form on the MicroJig web site to get my free upgrade kit, which had to include my Rockler receipt.

I filled out the MicroJig form on Oct 28, 2016 and got an email acknowledgement from them the same day.

On November 14, 2016 I sent a message to MicroJig support asking when my upgrade kit would be shipped. I received an auto-form email acknowledgement of my inquiry the same day thanking me for my enquiry and stating that I would be hearing from them soon.

It is now Nov 22 and I have heard nothing from MicroJig about my upgrade kit.

In your experience is this slow or nonexistent response typical of MicroJig?

It sure makes me very hesitant to ever do business with them in the future.

David....is there a telephone number for MicroJig? A lot of small companies are slow to answering emails but will answer the phone.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Ken,
    I sent MicroJig support a copy of my forum post, and immediately received a reply saying they want to resolve this as quickly as possible. I forwarded them a copy of my free upgrade kit acknowledgement which included an image of my Rockler receipt. I'll update this thread if/when they move forward. I'd still like to know if others have had a similar problem with MicroJig.

It always astounds me that someone would take to an Internet forum instead of picking up the phone and calling the company.

Why would you BLACKMAIL them with a copy of this thread instead of trying to talk to a real person?

Not cool.

I agree with Matt.

I agree with Matt also.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Matt,

Because MicroJig's instructions in the upgrade acknowledgement email which I received said to contact them via email.

I did so, as listed in my forum posting, but never got any information back from them until I notified them that I had asked about their order fulfillment track record in a woodworking forum.

I have received two emails from MicroJig support so far today.

I get the impression that my upgrade kit submission somehow got lost in their system, but a customer service representative is now actively working on tracking it down.

I would still like to get feedback on others' experiences with MicroJig. If this is just my bad luck with a gremlin hiding my order I'd like to know that.

I'm not sure that your request got lost. I too bought 2 of the basic blocks and filled out the paperwork (on 10/30). I have yet to see mine. However, I didn't post on this forum complaining. Patience is what you need...

While a phone call is good, companies need to monitor and respond to all forms of communications that they specify that they use. For a variety of reasons, I often prefer email. I may wish to contact the company in the evening when they're not open, for example. I may also have a question that is not time critical and an email allows them to respond to me when they have time and the data I need.

If a company advertises an email address, they need to respond to inquiries sent that way in a reasonable amount of time.

Mike

[I mostly prefer to have an initial contact with a company via email. I may follow up with a phone call, if appropriate.]
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 11-22-2016 at 2:40 PM.
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I agree with George and the others. Not good.

We talked about this in a different but sorta similar thread the last couple days. Look for "disappointed" in this General forum.

Using the Internet as a weapon is bad form.

Can't make this stuff up. Guy follows all the rules about contacting the company first, including using their email, cites all the steps he took as well as the dates and documentation.

Still gets criticized by fellow woodworkers for not being nice to the poor company. Those smilies mean I'm thinking nice thoughts.

David,
    My issue is that you took to a public forum to complain then rubbed it in Microjig's face.

Mike, I totally agree. I prefer email most of the time too. But i know you wouldn't take David's course of action.

People rely on email too much these days and hide behind it. Why not take a couple minutes to get someone on the phone and iron it out.

No, I took to a public forum to find out if I was the only one who has this problem with this company. So far I have one other data point, with the same problem with MicroJig that I had.

I was concerned about the length of time it was taking to get the upgrade because I had to discard my blade guard due to it coming off repeatedly and hitting the rotating blade, and as a retired accident analyst I'm very safety conscious. I needed the best safety equipment I could afford, and I needed (and still need) it quickly.

Even with the Grr-Ripper I'm very uncomfortable using the table saw without a blade guard, but I can't find a better designed replacement that will fit my Sears table saw.

I used email with MicroJig because that is the contact channel that MicroJig themselves specified.

I probably included too much information in my forum posting. I should have just asked if anyone else had order fulfillment problems with them. Of course someone would have then asked for details.

Sometimes you just can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by David Price View Post
    I can't find a better designed replacement that will fit my Sears table saw.
    If you haven't already, google Shark Guard and see if they might have a guard that suits you. He makes custom guards and is well regarded.
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 11-22-2016 at 4:33 PM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    David,
    My issue is that you took to a public forum to complain then rubbed it in Microjig's face.
    This is 100% what I took issue with also. Bad enough to post in a public forum but to send a copy of that post is in truly bad taste.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.