Thread: Best ever Configuration for table saw needed

Best ever Configuration for table saw needed

Hi, iam very new to machine building. Iam in a process of building a simple table saw. I mainly use laminated sheet goods so i wish to have a scoring blade also. Will anyone suggest me the best ever configuration for all motors and blade that can be used for a perfect cut without chipping. What hp motor should be used for both cutting and scoring blade. What blade should be used for both what RPM should be maintained. What should be the perfect height for cutting blade should be ie. at what angle should the blade cut the laminated sheet.

I went from industrial cabinet saws to a Euro slider and they excel at cutting sheet goods. For me the biggest benefit is cutting large pieces perfectly square. I'd want to build something that would enable that. A scoring saw is a distant second for me.

Nivas, I don't have any personal experience that can help you. But have you looked for books, articles and perhaps videos online - those that deal with making your own machines?

Or, are you anywhere near a store that sells tablesaws, or even a business that uses industrial tablesaws? I ask because you can learn a lot from studying what a commercial tool manufacturer chose to do. It can answer many of the questions you have asked - horsepower, motor placement, etc.

Good luck!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

There was a great video posted here recently of a great home made slider. Search for it.

Blog Entries
    A good zero clearance insert and a 60-80 tooth carbide blade will give you nearly chip free cuts in sheet goods on a standard table saw.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thanks for the info Mr.Lee. Can i know what RPM should be maintained in cutting blade and Scoring blade. What blade is best for Laminated sheet. ATB or HiATB or TCG. Thanks in advance.