Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hammer Planer/Jointer combination

Thanks everyone. Hammer is my only choice.

As Jim & Sean say, changeover time isn't that much of an issue. Working in batches helps. I do recommend some sort of digital readout. One downside of switching between jointer & planer is having to lower the planer bed. If you need to plane a new piece the same thickness as old pieces after moving the planer bed, a digital readout helps a lot with getting the planer bed reset to the correct height.

+1 on having an accurate gauge. The hammer aluminum wheel upgrade while not digital is extremely accurate for me.

If you epoxy a nut on the hand wheel, you can raise and lower the planer table with a battery drill. Drill a few holes in the plastic wheel for the epoxy to grip.
    -bernie

Could you post a picture of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie May View Post
    If you epoxy a nut on the hand wheel, you can raise and lower the planer table with a battery drill. Drill a few holes in the plastic wheel for the epoxy to grip.
    -bernie

did you pull the trigger? I may be selling mine which is roughly a year old, very light use.

Quote Originally Posted by pat bohannon View Post
    did you pull the trigger? I may be selling mine which is roughly a year old, very light use.
    . Pat. I'm in the market for a combo. Please pm me the details

Not sure where you are located but there is a Hammer A3-41 currently listed on Houston Craigslist:

https://houston.craigslist.org/tls/6176806673.html

I received my A3-31 about 2 weeks ago and fall in the same love it camp as everyone else. I went with the imperial gauge and the Hammer mobility kit over the caster option and I'm happy as can be.

If you reach out to Hammer/Felder they will attempt to track down someone in your area to let you investigate the machine.