Thread: Jatoba Adirondack Chairs

Jatoba Adirondack Chairs

I thought I would share my latest project. 2 Adirondack chairs in Jatoba. I followed Norm's plans. Finish is BLO and then Spar Poly diluted and sprayed with my Fuji HVLP.

Darren

Chair-2.jpg
    Chair-1.jpg
    Chair-3.jpg

Blog Entries
    Turned out nice...I've been wanting make folding and rocking adirondack chairs for awhile. But my list is long. Your certainly getting more done than I....

Wow! Out of Jatoba! I use Jatoba for making molding planes and small hand tools. It's beautiful material and hard as rock. I'll bet those pics don't begin to do your chairs justice.

Nice job!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

It is a nice looking chair.I would be interested to see how your finish is holding up in a year or two.
    And if you keep them covered or left out in the Texan sun.
    I bet they won't blow away.
    Aj

I'm going to keep them on a covered porch, but it might be that every few years I'm going to have to sand them and respray.

Chairs outside-1.jpg
    Last edited by Darren Chapman; 11-27-2016 at 5:38 PM.

Very nice. I'll think they'll be fine on a covered porch. I made one of cypress with spar varnish and it's holding up very well, five years later. Same with the two I made for my sister on a covered porch. The sun is the worst offender, followed by rain. They'll be fine I suspect.

They look great. How much do they weigh? I am guessing quite a bit in jatoba . If your never moving then I guess it doesn't matter and they should be strong.

Looks great, Darren. Be sure to always store on a solid surface and keep covered, if possible, for a longer-lasting finish.

Thanks everyone. I'm not the best judge of weight, but I'd guess them to be about 35 lbs each.