Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disston saw rehab?

Wonder IF I need to remove those handles, before trying to sharpen the teeth?

May put this on hold for a few weeks....Have a scrollsaw to get running, again..
    parts.jpg
    Patterns have been made, need to make use of them, to build something more connected to this time of year..
    standing up.jpg
    Just six pieces of pine, that when assembled, and decorated up..
    rudolph plain 2.jpg
    Becomes a "Rudolph" Will need to lay in a few supplies, too. At least, I can do these sitting down at the scrollsaw.

I started my own rehab on a similar Disston. I made a fleam & rake guide. I'll post when I can. Would you like the guide in here?

Blog Entries
    I did not mention that saw sets tend to multiply like rabbits. I have at least four.

I can verify this statement. I have 5. I didn't mean to.

But the more I try to use them, the more I want to try the one I have that's inline rather than the pistol grip ones I have.
    Last edited by Glen Canaday; 12-07-2016 at 6:41 PM.

I'll keep an eye for a few guides....

There was a fellow awhile back ( GE Hong Videos) that used an old, worn out, plastic handled, firmer chisel. He cut a series of slots into one edge. He then used those slots to set the teeth on a frame saw he had just made. How much he bent each tooth was by eye and feel. ...Hmmmm I may have one or two old chisels sitting around.....