Thread: Sketchup 2017 + Cutlist

Sketchup 2017 + Cutlist

I recently downloaded the latest version Sketchup 2017. The free version. In the previous version I had Cutlist installed. A very useful tool for me. However when i tried to download Cutlist to the new Sketchup 2017 it gave a warning that Cutlist was not updated/validated? for Sketchup 2017 may have errors or not run correctly. Does anyone have experience using Cutlist with Sketchup 2017; or know when Cutlist might be updated to run with Sketchup 2017?

Hi David, go ahead and install the CutList extension into SU2017. I've been using it with SU2017 for several months and it's just fine. Unfortunately the author passed away unexpectedly a few years back and so he's not around to take the steps to get it digitally signed. I've asked a friend on the SU team to do it but since the current status doesn't prevent it from working, I think it's not at the top of his priority list.

Hi Richard - Thanks for the reply. I downloaded Cutlist into SU2017 and tried it with a fairly complex design (200 or so pieces). I had previously run Cutlist with the older SU version so knew the espected results. Everything looks good. Quite happy.

Excellent! Any you can call me anything but late for supper.

Oops! Sorry about that Dave.

No worries.