Thread: Delta Homecraft Work Station

Delta Homecraft Work Station

Hi All,

Anyone have practical experience with the Delta Homecraft Work Station? This unit has an 8" table saw, 4" jointer and a drill press; all in one unit with a fairly small foot print. I am looking at buying one for my nephew who operates out of a single car garage.

Thanks,

Tim

Blog Entries
    Honestly, I'd hate woodworking if I had to use something like that. Change over, especially mounting the drill press looks to be nothing short of onerous. Better off with a jobsite table saw, bench top drill press, and a hand plane.

Frank,

"looks to be"----so; you don't actually have one or ever used one, correct?

Thanks,

Tim

Blog Entries
    Correct. Just Googled it & looked at a bunch of photos. The drill press swings up above the table & bolts down. Then the insert & blad have to come off the table saw & a pulley put on in it's place. The belt then runs from the press head down into the TS. The belts are wide open, just waiting to grab anything that gets too close.

The saw table is really small, & the jointer likewise.

Blog Entries
    I know Shopsmith tools don't get a lot of respect, but I bet one of those would be a better fit, if it's a combo machine you want.

Those little jointers actually work pretty well. I used one for several/many years before I scored an 8". I have seen the pictures as well and I understand basically how the thing operates. My nephew has a job site saw (nice Bosch) but has no drill press or jointer. I think he would probably leave it set up as "drill press" / "jointer". He currently has EXTREMELY LIMITED space but I would not be surprised to see him build a shop later. He might get some use out of the thing, learn how to use a jointer and sell it on CL when he gets around to upgrade. Price is $200 OBO and I think I can get it for $150 if it looks decent. Neither his garage or my shop is currently OSHA approved so the belts are not going to be a deal breaker.

Thanks,

Tim

Blog Entries
    Have you seen pics? Set up as a drill press/jointer, it takes up more space than separate units would.

Are those tilting table saws?

A. Not a tilting table

B. Went and looked at the machine, missing the handle and "bolt" to lock the jointer fence and the face casting on the fence was cracked.

C. Walked away