Thread: My Favorite Day

Blog Entries

My Favorite Day

Is the day when we have had enough of turkey sandwiches and it is time to make the soup.

Today is the day.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I didn't think it eas possible to have enough Turkey Sandwiches
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I started on hot dogs yesterday.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

We progressed from turkey sandwiches to soup and casserole. The turkey was gone last night.

This morning my wife made a nice left-over-ham frittata for breakfast.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I made spaghetti sauce with the leftovers.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Is the day when we have had enough of turkey sandwiches and it is time to make the soup.
    Yes! Our soup was Sunday. For sandwiches, I do love the turkey salad. Of course it has to be My Lovely Bride's recipe - we eat like kings.

JKJ

My favorite day was yesterday.....

I went for my morning swim @ 5:30 am, then soaked in the hot bubble tub at the pool for 15 min before I left...

On the way out, the pretty young lifeguard smiled at me and said. "Have a nice day"!

I replied to her, "You too!" - - -then after a second I said,,,"Oh wait, you can't have a nice day because your 4 day holiday is over and you - - have--to work!!! " --- "I'm retired and go home, munch on soe turkey leftovers and take a 4 hour nap"!!!

LOL!!!! I know, it was mean, but a "good spirited mean" . She did laugh.......(probably flipped me off when I turned my back though )
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Blog Entries
    My soup is in in the oven. Do you favor cooking down the noodles or adding at last minute?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post

Today is the day.

jtk
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

My wife states that the turkey rice soup was better than the turkey itself on Thanksgiving.

We were done with turkey(we ran out of turkey) yesterday I think. My Dad, brother, and me were out in Limestone TN clearing brush. We own about two acres over there that's grown into thicket. Bradford pear and cedar trees had took over since we moved from there. If you've ever worked with pear, you might recollect that they have gosh awful thorns all over them. Shoot, them things whooped the tar out of us. It looks like a swarm of bees laid waste to us, with gardening utensils and blunt instruments. Red dots, bruises, and cuts all over us. But it got worse, as we were heading out, we saw beech trees growing across the property line, BEECH! And we couldn't harvest them! I could've made planes out of those! Dern property laws. We survived though, and on the same day, I was lurking outside a local antique store in search for a spokeshave. I found a 3/4" bearing, a bearing just lying around in the parking lot. This was perfect for my treadle lathe. Not so much luck with the spokeshave, I need a spokeshave. But as previously stated, we got home and destroyed the rest of the Thanksgiving turkey. Today, I ate pizza and sausage biscuits.
    I was once a woodworker, I still am I'm just saying that I once was.

Chop your own wood, it will warm you twice. -Henry Ford

I just had the most delicious turkey wild rice soup. Yesterday it was turkey pot pie. i think there's enough for a couple more days

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Pixley View Post
    My soup is in in the oven. Do you favor cooking down the noodles or adding at last minute?
    My soup came out tasting great. There was something nagging me about forgetting something. Thanks Shawn, it was the noodles.

My soup usually has noodles as the last thing in the pot. Well, tomorrow the remaining soup will be reheated and some noodles thrown in.

Our cats loved cleaning up the scraps left in the pan after the turkey was chopped up and put in the pot.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Had the last of the sandwiches today, but have three bags of dark meat in freezer to use in Jabalaya.