Thread: Straighten bowed pegboard ??

Straighten bowed pegboard ??

I have a half sheet of masonite pegboard that has about a 1 inch bow over 4 feet from leaning against a wall for several years. The bow was about 3 inches until I reversed it and increased the lean angle for a month.

I want to use it in a cabinet door for my shop. Is there any way to totally remove the bow. Or--- I will cut the sheet in half and each half will go into a 4' x 17" frame. Will the frame be enough to to hold the sheet straight?

The frame will hold it but you may still have a bit of a bow. If you want to straighten it more, treat the unsealed side. If the unsealed side is concave, wet it with a damp rag and stack some weight on it for a day. If the unsealed side is convex, put that side in the sun or near a heater for a while and then press it. When it is straight, paint the back to seal it. Cheers

Its pretty cheap - when ready to use it, buy new and cut it up and use it. Let the BORG store it flat.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

If you cant figure a way to support it such that it stay flat, that stuff is cheap enough to just buy another sheet at Home Depot or somewhere. Pretty sure I got the 4x8 sheets Ive bought for under $15.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

I consider anything I can push flat with my fingers to be flat. The frame should be a lot stiffer than the pegboard and will hold it flat.

As pointed out, new is cheap. So, I got some fresh pegboard to use on the doors. This was made easy to do since I found a good place to mount the old so that it will be held flat -- I can push it flat with my fingers.

Many thanks for the thoughts.