Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grrrrrr............

Grrrrrr............

I ordered a new Hitachi C12RSH to replace my old worn out Delta SCMS. The company's advertisement on Amazon shows they have the C12RSH and the Hitachi C12RSH2. They shipped me the C12RSH2 which isn't what I want. So, I placed a return request.

At the same time, I ordered a Hitachi miter saw stand. I got it yesterday, put it together and didn't like it. Though my old Delta miter saw stand won't stand vertically on it's own, it's built better than the Hitachi. So, I requested it be picked up too.

Now, I am looking at the Ridgid AC9945 miter saw stand. Any owners here at the Creek?
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Aside from the stand, any reason you aren't looking at the Bosch Glide? It's about the most popular saw out there these days. I just ordered one myself, couldn't pass on the Cyber Monday deal for $480 shipped for the 12". I'm looking to compare it with my existing DeWalt DWS780.
    Last edited by Ben Rivel; 11-30-2016 at 9:57 PM.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Ken, I have zero experience with the Rigid stand but over a decade with the dewalt. Even if I bought a Kapex saw I'd still use that dewalt stand!

I bought a second pair of mounting brackets and built a table which mounts to the stand to the left of the saw; it's the same height as the saw table. There's also an extra router base mounted to the table.

It's a nice set up for jobsite use!

Ben,

There were several minor things about the Hitachi that I liked.....the micro-adjustments on bevel and miter angles.....the ability to adjust the laser using a easily accessed knob. All that has been removed the Hitachi C12RSH2. Beyond that it has a 5 year warrantee if new. You can get reconditioned ones but they only have a 1 year warrantee. I talked with people who had used that model professionally and liked them very much. The original model has been on the market for quite a while and has a long proven track record.

And...when I researched them they were only $399.

So much of this and that about tools is just subjective. What I like, you may not. That's okay.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Now, I am looking at the Ridgid AC9945 miter saw stand. Any owners here at the Creek?

Yes, I've owned this Rigid miter stand for several years and really like it. You may not need to move your miter saw very often but this is the best stand I've seen for mobility. I have a 12" Dewalt mounted on mine, makes a nice package. I guess my only gripe is the release lever is a little difficult to operate when you need to drop the unit down and fold it up for transport. Back in my house building days I always noticed no matter which brand of saw the trim contractors owned they were all mounted on Rigid folding stands. Back in those days this model was called a Rigid SUV, predecessor to this newer model.

I have the Rigid stand but the older model. I like it a lot.
    I dont move it around a lot but handy when needed up at the house or work. Just grab and go.
    I was in Home Depot a few days ago and was on sale for $99.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    I'd have to check in the morning but from the picture I think that's the one I have. When I bought the 12" Bosch saw about 4 years ago to build my shop HD was out of the Bosch stands and the salesman, excuse me, the Associate suggested the Ridgid. He said he thought it was a better stand and less expensive.

I've been happy with it, very easy to move, folds up and works like a hand truck. Before the shop was secure and in the dry I would wheel the saw into a locked, covered trailer every night.

JKJ

No experience with any of those saws but I did have the Ridgid AC9945 stand for my Dewalt saw. Solid stand and I really like it. The built in rollers are great but they do sag with heavy boards, however they can be adjusted up and down so you can compensate for the sag. Very easy to fold down and roll around.

Oops, I lied

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    I'd have to check in the morning but from the picture I think that's the one I have....the Associate suggested the Ridgid.

Or, technically, I erred. I plead elderly and feeble minded. Apologies extended.

I looked this morning and I had misremembered - I had bought a Porter Cable folding miter saw stand.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004Q0SZFC

From the picture I found of the Ridgid it appears to be of similar construction. Same evaluation - excellent portable stand for my use. The Bosch saw is heavy but I have no trouble wheeling it around.

jkj

I have the older Ridgid Stand that was the heavy stand with the solid steel top. It is great but the newer ones are lighter and cheaper. HD is currently selling two similar stands for $99 that are similar to the one linked above. One has much larger wheels and is appreciated by people that move it around a lot over anything that isn't smooth or level.

Be careful if you are buying a stand for a Hitachi since most or maybe all have front and rear mounting bolt holes that are NOT in line with each other.

I have the Bosch miter saw stand and like it. I have a Hitachi C12LSH 12" Compound Digital Miter saw mounted on it.
    Last edited by George Bokros; 12-01-2016 at 2:40 PM.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I also own the Ridgid miter stand and love it. I keep my Dewalt 12" CMS on it without any issues. It is built like a tank.

For me the ultimate review is, after owning it for a while if it was stolen would you purchase again? My answer for this stand is yes.

Quote Originally Posted by julian abram View Post

Yes, I've owned this Rigid miter stand for several years and really like it. You may not need to move your miter saw very often but this is the best stand I've seen for mobility. I have a 12" Dewalt mounted on mine, makes a nice package. I guess my only gripe is the release lever is a little difficult to operate when you need to drop the unit down and fold it up for transport. Back in my house building days I always noticed no matter which brand of saw the trim contractors owned they were all mounted on Rigid folding stands. Back in those days this model was called a Rigid SUV, predecessor to this newer model.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rivel View Post
    Aside from the stand, any reason you aren't looking at the Bosch Glide? It's about the most popular saw out there these days. I just ordered one myself, couldn't pass on the Cyber Monday deal for $480 shipped for the 12". I'm looking to compare it with my existing DeWalt DWS780.
    Ben, Let us know how you like the Bosch Glide. I was an early adopter and had a bad experience and the saw went back. I published a long review on Amazon. If you select 1 star reviews on the Glide, mine comes right up. Here's a link that might work.

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-GCM12SD...owViewpoints=0

The short version of the story is that the saw mechanism and glide mechanism were great but the base was flimsy and arrived warped. Bosch tried to make it right and could not after 3 saws. One saw arrived at my door with a Bosch rep who was in town for the Woodworking Show and that saw was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Feeley View Post
    Ben, Let us know how you like the Bosch Glide. I was an early adopter and had a bad experience and the saw went back.
    They might have gotten it figured out. I really like the one I have. There is no play, the "glide" action is smooth, the table is flat, the base isn't warped. I used for countless cuts on 2x lumber while building my shop and continue to use it in the shop. I did buy mine locally. The sales clerk matched Amazon when I showed him the ad on my phone.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Feeley View Post
    Ben, Let us know how you like the Bosch Glide. I was an early adopter and had a bad experience and the saw went back. I published a long review on Amazon. If you select 1 star reviews on the Glide, mine comes right up. Here's a link that might work.

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-GCM12SD...owViewpoints=0

The short version of the story is that the saw mechanism and glide mechanism were great but the base was flimsy and arrived warped. Bosch tried to make it right and could not after 3 saws. One saw arrived at my door with a Bosch rep who was in town for the Woodworking Show and that saw was bad.
    Ha, I had actually already read your review. I will definitely make sure the one I get it good.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!