Thread: Drawer box supplier (not assembled)

Drawer box supplier (not assembled)

I am trying to understand my best options for some knee walls drawers. (May be 20 drawers). 1) I can assembly pre-made dovetailed drawers (to save on shipping cost) or 2) I can cut them from pre-finished drawer slides and assembly them with pocket holes. I would prefer to assembly and install (option 1) because it would be quicker (it takes me forever to make them perfect and I am a perfectionist!) and I have a full time job and 2 kids. I have them quoted locally in the past and we were talking about $50 a drawer (Blum drawer slides NOT included). Any suggestion for drawer box suppliers? I live in MA.

Most of the folks on this site would be prone to scratch build drawers. You might be better served by posting this question on Breaktime. They seem to be more of the builder/contractor type people. Just a thought.

A client of mine for whom I do furniture design work uses a company called Walzcraft for drawers for large projects. They are very high quality and they seem to be cost effective for him even though they are in laCrosse, WI and he's in North Carolina.

Their website says for the trade only.

You could still contact them and ask.

The price of a drawer depends upon size, but $50 for a dovetailed drawer box sounds like a good deal to me. (If you're doing dovetails, I'm presuming you're doing solid lumber sides, not plywood.)

When I get swamped, I buy drawers. I get them from Western Dovetail. www.drawer.com Western Dovetail is in California, so it is not likely a solution for you. But they do sell to anybody -- no "trade only" stuff -- and they have an online pricing calculator, so you can at least see what this source costs.

Walzcraft will sell to you if you tell them you are in business. Just fill out their new customer form and you'll get sent their catalogs and pricing information. You do not have to provide any proof that your biz is for realz. Call yourself ZZZ Cabinets or something. They take credit cards.

Scherr's Cabinet and Doors in Minot ND is another source, but they may not sell KD. I know Walzcraft does.

Good luck!

Scherr would sell but it came pricey. Thanks for your suggestions, I have some HW now.