Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stupid Electrical Questions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    This is consistent with my experience...none of my MiniMax equipment, nor my Stubby Lathe come "pre-wired" with a cord/plug. That's pretty much standard with industrial equipment, as far as I know. I personally standardized on twist locks in my shop and buy the rubber coated cord at Home Depot. While it cost me a little more, I put pigtails on the machines with a mated pair of twist locks and then made up a custom length cord to get to the wall. But for those few times that I've needed to move something around, there was no cord to deal with during the mobility action.

Congrats on the new saw and DC!
    Thanks Jim! It was a lot of running around to get everything situated, but now that it's all set I'm happy and using the saw on the regular for resawing. Can't wait for the DC to arrive, I've coated the garage in sawdust a few times now, lol. Western red cedar lingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Merriam View Post
    I pushed my MM16 against the wall like that at first, but the doors can't swing fully open to put on a wide blade. Have you tried swapping blades yet? I ended up positioning the saw elsewhere in open space.
    I've noticed that, and basically just pull it out to open the doors all the way. I'm not sure I'll be swapping blades very often. I'd love to put it in open space but my 'auxiliary shop', is a single car garage that people walk through, or roll their bikes through and so forth.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Yea, I had to adjust my MM16 out away from the wall slightly more than originally to make it a little easier during blade changing...not that I change the blade very often. Farther than I have it would be better, but I have just enough "open" to be able to get the job done.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm McLeod View Post

Edit: I'd advise killing the main beaker when you get ready to stick anything metal into the junction box. Saves suddenly working in the dark!
    Those LED headlamps are great for working on breaker panels in the dark basement. And rewiring your receiver, and installing your furnace, and unloading the wood crib after dark, and putting doors on your jeep after dark...don't know how I ever got along without it.
    NOW you tell me...