Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: recurring corel problem

If you made one circle and then hit ctrl D 20 times, you have 21 circles so of course it will cut 21 times. You can lasso or click-drag to select all your circles (or probably hit ctrl-A to Select All if you have nothing but the circles) and have CD tell you how many it has; if it says 21 then it's working as expected but, if it says 20, then you have a mystery!

you don't get it.
    I have 21 individual circles and each one the laser cuts each circle 21 times before it moves to the next circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Monaghan View Post
    If you made one circle and then hit ctrl D 20 times, you have 21 circles so of course it will cut 21 times. You can lasso or click-drag to select all your circles (or probably hit ctrl-A to Select All if you have nothing but the circles) and have CD tell you how many it has; if it says 21 then it's working as expected but, if it says 20, then you have a mystery!
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Bert - send me your file, I'd like to take a look and see if I can figure out the problem - ghair at nwlaserimage dot com

Gary I appreciate the offer but I already deleted all the circles and replaced them with a single hairline replacement.
    Funny thing is I took one circle and hit ctr d 20 times then place those around my text and it worked just fine.
    Its got me baffled. Thats what I've been doing since 7am LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hair View Post
    Bert - send me your file, I'd like to take a look and see if I can figure out the problem - ghair at nwlaserimage dot com
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Bert,

After setting your job in Corel you would normally export as DXF and import into your other software that controls machine.
    What version of DXF you select on export? Try different format and save the file on desktop, close Corel program and reopen it than import the file in to Corel.
    Do you now have 20 circles or is there multiple stocked up. I'm trying to isolate if your other program on import multiplies those circles since no one else has this issue with Corel.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

I make the file in corel save it as a dxf then import to lasercut and run the program.
    gonna be gone for a while now check in later

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lenkic View Post
    Bert,

After setting your job in Corel you would normally export as DXF and import into your other software that controls machine.
    What version of DXF you select on export? Try different format and save the file on desktop, close Corel program and reopen it than import the file in to Corel.
    Do you now have 20 circles or is there multiple stocked up. I'm trying to isolate if your other program on import multiplies those circles since no one else has this issue with Corel.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

You only need to Ctr-D 19 times... your original is already there....
    Bruce Clumpner
    Brandon Services Laser Engraving
    Academy Commemoratives - Personalized Memorabilia for the U.S. Service Academies
    Irvine, CA
    -
    Epilog 75-watt Helix, 40-watt 18-Mini
    Started with Corel Draw V1 now feeling the pain of CorelDraw x7
    CS4 photoshop
    CS4 illustrator
    PhotoGrav

Blog Entries
    Hey Bert!!!

No worries. Corel is not the most intuitive program I have run across.

If you want to chat and go over some of this stuff I think you have my number? If not, eight oh 8 niner tre sex, too sex ohhhhh ate. (every bot in the world will probably get that now! <grin> I am in and out all week.
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.