Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jessem Rout-R-LiftII

Jessem Rout-R-LiftII

I'm thinking of getting this router lift and would like some feedback form others who have one. Feel free to reccomend another as well if you think it will fit my Hitachi M12 router. I have an old router lift(another make) that is wearing out and my Hitachi Router will fit this lift. One of the things I don't like about the one I have (other than its wearing out ) is that you use a hex wrench above the table to adjust the height (as does the Jessem). But the receptacle it fits into always fills up with sawdust necessitating lifting the router out to turn it upside down to shake out the sawdust.

Thanks

Fred Mc

I'm not well versed on router lifts since I've only had one and it's the Incra lift. I love it and would highly recommend it. I believe it's based off the same design as the Jessem lift. The Incra also uses a hex wrench to lift the router but I never find it an issue. I have really good dust collection on my router and rarely get any dust on the tables. When I do get dust and it falls into the Hex hole, I just pull the dust hose from the fence and such up the dust before inserting the hex wrench.

I have had the BenchDog lift and now have the Incra and the Incra is awesome, especially when combined with the Clean Sweep magnetic inserts. From my research its the best lift out there for the money. I have no idea if itll fit your router, but if it does I highly recommend you consider it.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Even though you asked about the Jessem lift, I'll be the third to chime in about the Incra since that's what I have and it's all I know. Insanely awesome. I'm sure the Jessem is great as well, but the magnetic inserts on the Incra are awesome.

The bottom line, really, is simply moving from no router lift to one of the top of the line router lifts- Once you set it up and get used to it, forget about EVER going back.

The incra, which I have as well, is just a rebadged Jessem with the magnetic rings added. I've been very pleased with mine. Very easy to mount the router and super smooth adjustments.

I have the JE lift and I like it very much. I vacuum off the router table top and make sure to get any sawdust out of the lock and height adjustment hexes when I finish using the router. It is very solid and stays right where I set it. I used to rely on the PC through the table adjustment and it would shift slightly when locking/unlocking and it was hard to get the bit height exactly where I wanted it. The JE is very easy to set and works great.

Scott

I had to replace an old lift (make/model escapes me) about 2 years ago. Old one was a 4-post model, with a gear drive and one of the plastic gears sheared off all the teeth (with the company out of biz as I recall), so I figured repair was futile. Looking at replacement options, I was leery of the lifts using 2-post designs, fearing that my PC 7518 and a large diameter bit would not be held rigidly enough.

I ended up with a General Excalibur 40-125. It has 4-post design, fits the 7518 nicely, and is rock solid - even with my largest panel raising bit. Only (minor) complaint is that it would be nice to have a digital height readout. I will look at aftermarket height indicators - - one of these days.
    Last edited by Malcolm McLeod; 12-06-2016 at 12:16 PM. Reason: clarity

I bought one a few months ago; mounted my 2 1/4hp fixed router in it (very easy to do) and had it up and running in no time. Adjusting the bit size height is no longer a back aching ordeal.

I would definitely recommend the Incra version. Like others have said, it's the same lift and plate, except it accepts magnetic inserts which are easier to swap out... and you can get the downdraft versions of the inserts, which collect a good deal of the dust.

I own the Jessum and I love it. I don't have the sawdust issue you describe but that's probably because I've got good dust collection above and below the table. Also, I find most of the dust to the left of the bit and all hex adjustments are to the right, so I've never had dust in the way. I find that height adjustment is very easy and accurate and the height adjustment scale is accurate as well. I can dial in 1/64" increments very easily. I have the 3 1/4 HP PC router in mine and it works great with the lift. I bought the lift three years ago and it's been working great ever since.

I also have the RoutRLift II with Porter Cable router. It is the only lift I have used, but at the price, compared with all those other expensive ones, is very good and the lift works perfectly for me. Don't know if your router will fit, but if it does I wouldn't hesitate to go that way.
    Bracken's Pond Woodworks[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Another vote for the Incra version with magnetic inserts, although I don't see an equivalent to the Rout-R-Lift II, only the Mast-R-Lift II at a higher price point. Incra licenses the basic design from Jessem and adds the magnetic inserts.

I have the PRL-V2 lift. I really like the magnetic inserts and quick adjustment to get the bit within 1/8" of the final position. The Rout-R-Lift II looks like a great product in the under $200 price range. It appears to share many components with the other Jessem/Incra models.

I can't comment on how quickly the holes fill with sawdust. There are a few adjustments on my PRL-V2 that fill with sawdust. I break the dust loose with a screw point and blow the holes out every once in a while. I have a ceiling mounted air compressor hose within 5' of my router, so it never bothers me.

Steve

I have a Rout-R-Lift II and I like it a lot! It replaced a cheaper lift and the difference is night and day. I really like the way it works and being able to lock it in position. Mine is mounted with a Porter Cable router.
    I may not have it all together, but together we have it all.

I also have the Rout-R-Lift II. Have used for two years now. Could not be happier.

Jason

Another who has the Incra. It's nothing more than a renamed Jessem. I love it. The Excalibur also reviews very well and has four locking posts instead of two. Roland Johnson really likes that lift.