Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chiller not working

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Winter View Post
    Ron what would an ac store be called? Did some googling didn't find much except ac repair technicians like you'd call to your house.
    The average Joe residential AC guy would not have a clue. You need to find a shop that does commercial refrigeration, and take it in.

Did you check if that bypass valve is dumping hot gas? You can do that by touch, the discharge line comes up and is piped to the inlet of the condenser but there is a Tee fitting with the hot gas solenoid valve on the branch. The discharge line is hot as also the shell of the rotary compressor. If the HG bypass valve is closed for allowing cooling, the line coming out of that valve should be just warm and further away should be cool. If the line is hot all the way of course that means the valve is open for some reason, either by the control system, bad coil or internal leaking. The first two can be fixed, the third requires opening the sealed system and replacing the valve.
    Last edited by Bill George; 12-07-2016 at 9:21 AM.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

How old is your chiller? If it is a genuine S&A built CW series chiller, most all of those come with a two or three year warranty. S&A does actually provide a bit of customer support when you contact them. Don't let some other AC person do anything to your unit if it is still under warranty.
    700mm x 500mm Ke Hui KH-7050 Laser
    80W EFR F2
    S&A CW5000 chiller
    Chuck style of rotary attachment

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Fisher View Post
    How old is your chiller? If it is a genuine S&A built CW series chiller, most all of those come with a two or three year warranty. S&A does actually provide a bit of customer support when you contact them. Don't let some other AC person do anything to your unit if it is still under warranty.
    I can vouch for this. I emailed them when one of the units I bought was DOA. They helped trouble shoot it and ended up sending me a free replacement pump via 2 day DHL on their dime. And this was a product I had bought second hand, not directly from them. I was very impressed.
    60W, Boss Laser 1630
    75W, Epilog Legend 24EX
    Jet Left Tilting table saw and Jet 18" Band saw
    Adobe Creative suite and Laserworks 8

Thanks guys, it's about 11 months old.
    Trotec Speedy 400 120w, Trotec Speedy 300 80w
    Thunderlaser Mars-130 with EFR 130w tube
    Signature Rotary Engravers (2)
    Epson F6070 Large Format Printer, Geo Knight Air Heat Presses (2)