Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Costco LED shop lights - $19.99

Costco LED shop lights - $19.99

My local Costco (Woodlands Texas) is selling Feit 4' 2-tube LED lights for $19.99. 42 watts, 4000K, 3700 lumens.

I think the sale ends in a few days, sorry I don't remember the date. Limit 10 per customer. I took 10 home yesterday and will probably go back and buy 10 more. I need 30 lights for the new shop and I can't even find decent fluorescent fixtures for this price.
    Mark McFarlane

How do you like them?

I got several of these when they were last on sale at $25 a few months ago. I highly recommend them. I plan on picking up a few more and stashing them for a lighting overhaul.

Wow..."such a deal"! Considerably less than I paid for mine a number of months ago!! LOL And I love the light from them in the shop. Quite a transformation. 4100K is a "sweet spot" for me I think.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I bought four of them for that price last year about this time. I used two for grow lights to start my tomatoes and peppers in the basement. The other two went into the attic. It's a good value.

Mark, they were in stock at the store? I'll go get more if so. Thanks
    Last edited by mark kosse; 12-06-2016 at 7:26 PM.

I had a flourcent light quit in my shop a couple months ago. I did a huge lighting upgrade 14 years ago and was very happy with my lighting until I replaced that light. They have come a long way with lighting. That spot ( lathe area )
    is much brighter than the rest of the shop. I am from the 60 watt bulb era that were expensive to run. I probably won't do any lights replacing until they go, but what a difference.

I put in 6 at my parents' shop/garage, great deal.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

I bought five of those about a year ago and the first one I mounted was on for about 3 minutes and quit. Left me with a bad taste, so I took them all back. I have had other issues with Feit so don't buy them any more. At that price though, I may stop down and pick some up and try them again.

I have had issues with Feit fluorescent bulbs, they only last few months, not years.
    Jaromir

I bought a shop's worth at $38....these are great lights and I have had no failures

Quote Originally Posted by mark kosse View Post
    Mark, they were in stock at the store? I'll go get more if so. Thanks
    They had 1 1/2 pallets in stock at the Woodlands Costco on Monday around 2PM.
    Mark McFarlane

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Howe View Post
    How do you like them?

Andrew, I hung 3 more today, so have 4 running so far in my temporary shop along with 2 T8 fixtures. They are silent and give off good quality light. I bought one first as a trial last week, liked it, and when I saw the sale yesterday I filled up the cart. I need 20 more for the new shop.

The FIET lights come with pull chain switches and hanging cables but I flush mounted mine (there are mounting holes to flush mount). I built a drilling template out of 1/4" plywood and hung 3 of them today in about 20 minutes. I thought the pull chains would be annoying but I am actually liking the idea. You can only daisy chain 4 of them according to the instructions, so I am going to need to revamp my electrical plan a little, I had planned for 5 banks of 6 lights with one junction box per bank. Now I need (ideally) switched outlets.
    Mark McFarlane

Quote Originally Posted by mark mcfarlane View Post
    You can only daisy chain 4 of them according to the instructions, so I am going to need to revamp my electrical plan a little, I had planned for 5 banks of 6 lights with one junction box per bank. Now I need (ideally) switched outlets.
    Mark,

If you put a duplex switched outlet near the middle of a bank of 6 lights, you can daisy chain up to 4 lights per each of the two outlets in the duplex box. Thanks how I connected five of these lights on one bank or switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Yamamoto View Post
    Mark,

If you put a duplex switched outlet near the middle of a bank of 6 lights, you can daisy chain up to 4 lights per each of the two outlets in the duplex box. Thanks how I connected five of these lights on one bank or switch.
    Thanks Dennis, that's my plan.
    Mark McFarlane