Thread: Non-slip material for workbench feet

Non-slip material for workbench feet

I need recomendations for a non-slip material I can glue to the feet of my workbench to help resist movement. The workbench is 2" maple and quite heavy but the garage floor is a rolled vinyl diamond plate material. Any ideas? I tried carpet underlayment but that didn't work as well as I would like.

Maybe something like flex seal or plastidip would work, if that doesn't work tool box drawer liners or you could frame the feet with wood that is attached to the floor.

My Lovely Bride has several kitchen things made of silicone that really grip including some jar openers. If thin enough for you something like this might but cut to fit under the legs. These are .2" thick
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XDA9GMC?psc=1
    You might find some thinner ones somewhere, perhaps at Walmart.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    My Lovely Bride has several kitchen things made of silicone that really grip including some jar openers. If thin enough for you something like this might but cut to fit under the legs. These are .2" thick
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XDA9GMC?psc=1
    You might find some thinner ones somewhere, perhaps at Walmart.

JKJ
    Thanks for the response. I tried something similar and it just doesn't have the shear strenght, it jusr shredded over a ahort time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Miltner View Post
    Thanks for the response. I tried something similar and it just doesn't have the shear strenght, it jusr shredded over a ahort time.

Double-sided tape?

JKJ