Thread: Lights out

Lights out

Light fixtures
    I have my flourescent lights daisy chained. The last lights in the fixture in the chain went out. Any ideas as to why?

Because they're burned out?

Ok, I couldn't resist. But seriously now. If you haven't already, I'd:
    1. Check the ballasts on the failed fixture
    2. Check the connections at the last point in the power chain - the place where the wire leading to the failed fixture connects to power (confirms the power line is connected)
    3. Maybe put a tester at the power input point on the failed fixture itself (confirms power is reaching it). Sorry I don't have any better ideas.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

All four fixtures went out about the same time. I'm going to check the ballasts tomorrow

Ok. Didnt understand 4 fixtures were out from the above.

A long shot to check if you havent already ( and Im not trying to be a wise guy) - check the instructions to see if there are any warnings or constraints on how many can be chained together. I mention that because I just read somewhere else that the instructions for someone's LED lights said not to chain more than 4 together. I wasnt clear why, but perhaps your lights have a "max" number of some sort.

Good luck. Hope you figure it out.

Is it possible you're using pre-installed wires that are undersized for the length and the voltage drop is too high?

Do you have them all hard wired together? One shouldn't knock all of them out.

It it may be time for an upgrade. I put in 10 T8 Lithonias from Home Depot and have 5 one each switch all hard wired together. They have been up for 8 years and some are starting to go so I just replace them. At 20 bucks a piece it's pretty easy on the budget.
    Don