Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coreldraw 8 disappointment

Coreldraw 8 disappointment

Just upgraded and then went to use my macros, my own plus purchased macros.

ONLY ONE of them works - ecut.

I contacted corel, and you can't import earlier version macros into v8

what a joke - just wasted $190aud upgrading - not happy.

people at corel need to start realising their jobs rely on people upgrading and getting value for money.

rant over...
    HARDWARE - Macbook Retina Pro - Toshiba Satellite - Epilog Helix 60W Co2 Laser & Rotary - Trotec Speedy 300 Co2 Laser - Gravo IS400 IQ Engraver. - Pcut CTO630 Vinyl Cutter. - Wacom DTF720 Touch / Trace Screen - GKS DC16 Sublimation Press - Chinese 6040 CNC Router
    SOFTWARE - VMware Fusion / Windows 8.1 - Coreldraw X6 - Trotec Job Control 9.4.4.2 - E-cut - Gravostyle 7 - ULS 1Touch Photo - BizzWizz Invoicing / Stock Control / Ledger - VB6 Pro - Mach3 - V-Carve Desktop

Blog Entries
    Chris,

Oooooh. Just got X8 upgrade in. Fortunately I ordered it as a DVD and have not yet broken the shrink wrap.

I wonder if the RDWorks 8.x Corel Plugin works? It basically a macro. I realize you wont have encountered this since you have an Epi. I wonder if anyone with RDWorks has tried it yet?

Dave
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

I'll have rd camm in a few months when i get me 300w fiber

very dissapointed in corel's response, they are not interested.

when you pay for an upgrade, you expect some backward compatibility...

so as far as going on to the annual update fee / plan - forget it...
    Last edited by Chris J Anderson; 12-07-2016 at 8:37 PM.
    HARDWARE - Macbook Retina Pro - Toshiba Satellite - Epilog Helix 60W Co2 Laser & Rotary - Trotec Speedy 300 Co2 Laser - Gravo IS400 IQ Engraver. - Pcut CTO630 Vinyl Cutter. - Wacom DTF720 Touch / Trace Screen - GKS DC16 Sublimation Press - Chinese 6040 CNC Router
    SOFTWARE - VMware Fusion / Windows 8.1 - Coreldraw X6 - Trotec Job Control 9.4.4.2 - E-cut - Gravostyle 7 - ULS 1Touch Photo - BizzWizz Invoicing / Stock Control / Ledger - VB6 Pro - Mach3 - V-Carve Desktop

Blog Entries
    David, it works in X7, (I think you knew this) I don't have x8 and have no plans on upgrading. Chris, this has been going on for a while.
    I've tried a number of macros from earlier versions and most don't work in X7 unless the author has converted them. Looks like X4-5 worked together, and X6, X7 and X8 are all different...... Chris, you CAN try the RD software without a machine, I did just to learn it as best I could. That way you know for sure if it will or won't work.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

No RDWorks plugin for X8. X7 is the highest it will support.
    4 - Q1 converted New Hermes C2000's
    Signature 8080 Plus
    Universal 50w X2-600
    Universal 60w X-660
    Epilog 60w Fusion 40
    50w 5070 China Special

Blog Entries
    Well, certainly good I havent cracked the packaging on the upgrade DVD yet, and that I didnt do the download option.
    Now I will find out if they will take it back unopened. Cross your fingers. I have a feeling the answer will be no. But you never know!
    900x600 80watt EFR Tube laser from Liaocheng Ray Fine Tech LTD. Also a 900x600 2.5kw spindle CNC from Ray Fine. And my main tool, a well used and loved Jet 1642 Woodlathe with an outboard toolrest that helps me work from 36 inch diameters down to reallllllly tiny stuff.

And I'm about to request a refund due to backward INcompatability...

just done... see how i go...
    Last edited by Chris J Anderson; 12-07-2016 at 10:30 PM.

Guess I'll forever stay with X4, the same as I'll forever be running XP on my computers
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I really like x6. It's very stable and plays well with others.
    Thunder Laser MARS 90 (130 watt)
    RD Works V8
    1 Phillips Screwdriver
    1 Straight Edge
    1 Hammer
    1 Dull Chisel
    1 Pencil Sharpener (manually operated)

Good to know this about X8. I have BoxIt running on my X5 version and after reading this I will NOT be upgrading to X8 just to be safe. Awhile back I had issues trying to get X5 installed on Windows 10 and Corel's answer was, "Upgrade to X8!" I finally got X5 installed and for the most part working on Windows 10 but with Corel's cavalier not-their-problem attitude about older macro plug-ins not working with X8, I will just stick with what works. Not worth paying for the upgrade IMHO.
    Thanks,

Mike DeRegnaucourt

Axiom AR8 Pro CNC, 60-Watt Epilog Legend 36EXT, Prusa MK3 3D Printer, SE-DC16, Powermatic Bandsaw, JET Lathe, Craftsman Lathe, Rigid Drill Press, Excalibur Scroll Saw, Craftsman Tablesaw, Delta Dust Collector, JET Air Filtration, Craftsman Planer, Old Craftsman Jointer, JessEm Router Table with Porter Cable 7518 Router, etc...

Aspire v9.5, CorelDraw 2021, Corel Video Studio 2019, ShaderMap Pro, GIMP, Mesh Mixer, Fusion 360, Sculptris, Google Sketchup, etc...

Eventually Corel will figure out a way to make us all upgrade, its all about money ya know. Our hard drives will die and we need a new computer and can't find win 7 or xp anymore so were force to win 10 or what ever is next then we find nothing we had works with the new system so we go buy all new software. Yep thats the way its always been money money money.
    after I post I read what I wrote, man am I a punctuation freak or what hahahahha

Quote Originally Posted by Mike DeRegnaucourt View Post
    Good to know this about X8. I have BoxIt running on my X5 version and after reading this I will NOT be upgrading to X8 just to be safe. Awhile back I had issues trying to get X5 installed on Windows 10 and Corel's answer was, "Upgrade to X8!" I finally got X5 installed and for the most part working on Windows 10 but with Corel's cavalier not-their-problem attitude about older macro plug-ins not working with X8, I will just stick with what works. Not worth paying for the upgrade IMHO.
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 12-08-2016 at 11:52 AM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGHH

And now I find that since I upgraded some of the dll's don't work in my X6 anymore, such as texture fills, preview windows etc.

Haven't had a response from Corel about a refund yet either - there must be something I can do

Blog Entries
    Well, as of 5:30pm PST, I have been working with Corel for over 8 hours to do a return of an unopened upgrade to X8. At first they wouldnt do it because they couldnt find my order in spite of my having the invoice in hand. They could not tie the order number to the actual order. However, the agent there was looking at the order in my name on his screen. That only took a few hours to resolve. Next, they wanted me to prove that VBS Scripts and Macros done in earlier versions would not run on X8. Even when I pulled up tickets from their own tech support system indicating the same problem with the tech's answer. They wanted me to install it and test it to verify my claim, and to do this with a tech to be sure I really had a problem. If it didnt work then I could apply for a return. Except, and this was not acknowledged until I actually asked outright, once I broke the seal on the upgrade, let along actually installed it to test it, I would have accepted the package and they would not accept the return. Can't accept an open software package after all. Inspired by Joseph Heller would be my guess.

So, for now I have Corel 7. Works fine. I will fight tooth and nail know to return the unopened software. And I will most certainly not return to Corel for anything in the future. Like a purchase.

I have to say, I was impressed by all of this.

More later! But not tonight! We have some snow coming in tonight which will be great fun to watch it from a comfy seat by the fire with a cup of hot cocoa and a splash of whiskey in it! Corel will still be there in the morning. But unfortunately, not likely our snow will be. Supposedly changing to rain before the commute begins.

Thank goodness for Apple and VMware Fusion, I just loaded the virtual machine image I took before loading the corel 8 junk, and all is back to normal on corel 6.

I just wish Corel would reply to my 2 support requests, hearing nothing at this stage, and no office to call in Australia

Big business models suck these days...

Having been a Corel used for nearly 20 years, I can tell you that they are quite consistent. Their support has always sucked.

That said, I'm still using X5 even though I have X7 loaded. I know another long time engraver who uses version 9 even though he has X3.

No upgrades to X8 for me.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7