Thread: What are these 4 old tools?

What are these 4 old tools?

While acquiring some planes, spokeshaves etc I also got these 4 unknowns in the process...I'll post some pics and hope they are adequate for you to make a judgement...WHAT are these? Thank you...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jerry

Looks like a grinding wheel dresser, a saw set, a homebrew scratch stock, and a Butt (hinge) marking gauge. I have one of the Butt Gauges.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Blog Entries
    The wooden thing looks like some sort of scratch stock. The rectangular item looks to be like a Stanley Butt Gauge used for marking hinge layout. The item with the crinkle wheel looks to be a dressing tool for a spinning grind stone.

The plier type tool looks like it could be some kind of saw set, but it doesn't have the right action for that. My other thought on it is some kind of tire patch tool. Both of these could be way off the mark.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    Looks like Rob and I were posting at about the same time.

Looking again at the wooden device it looks like it might be an inlay tool for cutting slots in a piece.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)