Thread: Target coatings EM6500

Target coatings EM6500

I was looking for some more information on the em6500.

1) Does it come in white then tinted to the color I want?
    2) Who tints it?

3) Do you spray the color coat then clear coat it?
    4) Looks like you have to spray a primer.

I want to do three colors the dark brown, white and gray that are the popular colors now.

Thanks
    Scott

1. Target will tint to any BM color, give them a call to order.
    Or you can have your local paint store tint it.
    "As a universal color vehicle EM6500 can be tinted to match awide array of popular Off-White Pastels, Mid-Tones, Deep andClear Base color systems. EM6500 is compatible with BenjaminMoore Gennex®, Sansin Eco-Tone® and Accurate DispersionGeoShades®. Other, reliable water-based UTC colorantsfor in-shop tinting include Colortrend® 896 and 802 tintingcolorants."

2. No clear top coat is required. You may top coat with one of the Target water clear/non-yellowing products.

3. Primer is not required, as the 6500 is self priming. However the use of HSF5000 primer/filler will create a smoother, sealed base coat on which to apply the 6500.
    "EMTECH EM6500 Pigmented Spray Lacquer is the latest additionto our popular EM6000 Production lacquer family. Usedas a bright white or tinted base color system, EM6500 offersexcellent hiding power on poplar, maple and birch. Whenused in conjunction with our HSF5000 Primer/Surfacer/Fillerour EM6500 creates a high quality finish for MDF and otherengineered substrates. EM6500 is top coat rated for kitchencabinet surfaces, interior furniture, running trim and moderatechemical exposure surfaces."