Thread: 1624-44 - 1624 II difference

1624-44 - 1624 II difference

I'm looking at the new Nova 1624 II. Besides the different paint color, whats the difference
    between the 1624 II and the 1624-44? The stats look identical and its $400.00 cheaper.

Thanks
    Jim

The Teknatool website states that other than the black color, all features are the same as the older model, which one would assume is the 1624-44. However, I otherwise have no familiarity with Nova lathes.

I have a 1624-44 that I got for $999 on sale at Woodcraft. Now I see the 1624 II on sale for $849. It looks to be identical. I love the lathe, even more so after I bought the DVR upgrade to keep from having to swap belts for speed changes. When the 1624-44 dropped off the radar, I figured they would reintroduce it with the DVR upgrade from the factory. Evidently that's not the case. To answer your question, the color is the only difference, and I think the price difference was sale-driven.

I picked up the Nova 1624 II today at Woodcraft. The difference between the 1624 II and the 1624-44 is the addition of a emergency stop button. Other than that and the color change,
    Tom's right. They're identical.

Thanks for the replies gentleman.
    Last edited by James B Lee; 12-13-2016 at 7:58 PM.

5. I just ordered a Nova 1624, today, from my local Woodcraft. This is my first upgrade to a bigger lathe. I like that it's shorter, for a smaller footprint, as I turn mostly bowls, and other shorter length stuff. I plan to upgrade to the direct drive DVR, pretty soon. It's supposed to be here Friday.

Order your DVR ASAP. I've been waiting for one since early October and it won't be here until mid-January (allegedly).
    USMC '97-'01

I had to wait a while too, but it was worth it. Not having to change belts makes turning more enjoyable and efficient.

8. This may sound dumb, when answered, but, then I'll know. If the DVR motor is direct drive, with not belt, why do you need the pulley off the original motor?

If we are referring to the upgrade for the standard 1624-44, you will use the pulleys and belt which does not need to be moved around unless you want to slow down to 16-17 turn per minute. Allan
    C&C WELCOME