Thread: Dust hood ,mobile tool tray, light stand spraying base

Dust hood ,mobile tool tray, light stand spraying base

I have been trying for some time to identify a simple low cost solution for postioning a dust hood and came up with this idea A used TV brackets purchased off Ebay The ones which swivel could be used for dust hoods and the one which move in only one plane to mount a mobile tool tray

They could be mounted to the wall or tool and take up no floor space which is a factor in many shops The the tool tray can be moved out of the way when not in use and could even be used as a spraying platform

regards Briam

Last edited by Brian Deakin; 12-16-2016 at 6:06 AM.

Nice heads up.You can also use a cpl pipe clamps.One is clamped to bench edge...in the vertical plane.The other(shorter ?),gets clamped onto that.

Hi Brian
    Thank you for your post I thought of another possible use of a bracket

Mount a dust extractor on the tv bracket ,place a dust hood directly on the entrance of the dust extractor a position it directly behind a lathe This approach would maximize the suction on the dust extractor and the extractor could be removed from the bracket when not in use

Oh,I can think of dzs of possibilities....definitely snagging a cpl off evilbay.Im liking the articulated kind.....gonna start with a swing away tooling "tray" for one of the drill presses.

Thank you for your reply

kind regards

Brian