Thread: Ultra street light 600W

Ultra street light 600W

I discovered that there are many street light products, like LED, HPS and metal halide...
    May I ask what are their differences? Which one is the least energy consuming?

And any recommendation for the universe street light? Thank you.

HPS puts out amber colored light, MH is white light, LED is available in various color temperatures and is what lighting research is trending now, I don't see anything new coming out with HPS anymore, and limited MH products until LED takes over. 600 watts for a lighting fixture is a lot, used to have a 1000 watt MH flood in the front of my shop, great light, but with the ballast loss not cheap to run considering California electric rates. Except for the high cost of decent quality fixtures, LED will be the most efficient.

I agree with Rollie on this one. I am in charge of the maintenance department of a local country club and we just invested over $25K in LED lighting for our buildings and parking lots. In just over 9 months, we have recovered half of our initial investment in energy savings. I am a huge fan of LED's. The changeover is relatively painless. Remove all of the junk in the housing (capacitor, transformer, etc.), rewire the fixture, and turn on the juice. I am in the process of getting bids on re-lighting our tennis courts, but those fixtures are a much more expensive option. Good luck, you will like the results.

My experience on our truck yard mirror's Michael's. Additionally, LED are much longer lived. Cities everywhere are changing street lighting over to LED. Some reports suggest that 3000 color range is healthier than 5000 - 6000, but I'm not sure this is universally accepted.
    JJ

LED is the way to go. My parents switched out a MH light on the barn for LED, and made the cost of the fixture back in a year or so, and they should not have to replace any parts like the MH bulb and ballast.