Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Santa brought me

Blog Entries

Santa brought me

A $250 gift card to Lee Valley. Now I get to look around in their web site without guilt.
    I just spent an hour looking. I need to think about it. You would think it would not take long,
    but past purchases have been impulse driven. I think I will go to the shop and see what I am missing.

Two LV dovetail saws, an antique Stanley 24 inch level, a digital caliper. Merry Christmas!

Blog Entries
    Sorry couldn't resist the chance to bring this up again:

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
    twelve planes sticking molding, eleven braces turning, ten augers boring, nine gouges carving, eight chisels paring, seven gauges marking, six saws a sawing, FIVE SMOOTHING PLANES, four router bits, three try squares, two egg beater drills and A bright red tool that came from Woodpecker

Merry Christmas to all,

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Incra miter express and 1000hd miter gauge. Also have a "spot" of money and credit at the big orange store.

I received a printed copy of the email Noel Liogier sent my wife explaining, "I have forged your two rasps", and, "This week, I have to start to hand stitch them".

I think this letter will make receiving them in a few weeks all the better.

A Lie-Nielsen #102 Block Plane and a $75 gift card for Ace Hardware.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

I was spoiled this Christmas, I got the Lee Valley joinery saw set, Narex mortise chisels, and The Essential Woodworker book by Robert Wearing. I also have leftover lee valley gift card money that I think is going towards some PM-VII bench chisels.

Bob

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert McNaull View Post
    I was spoiled this Christmas, I got the Lee Valley joinery saw set, Narex mortise chisels, and The Essential Woodworker book by Robert Wearing. I also have leftover lee valley gift card money that I think is going towards some PM-VII bench chisels.

Bob
    NEW DUCK!!!

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    You guys may think I've totally lost my mind, but what I really wanted (and santa does deliver!) were Oakley safety glasses. Wow, they're nice and I finally have glasses that are not a nuisance to wear.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

I've been using a pair of M frame Oakleys with clear glass as safety glasses for a year now. They are worth it. Unfortunately, I've reached the age where I need reading glasses. I've been looking at some Oakleys, but haven't convinced myself yet.

Brian, I don't think you've lost your mind at all. Comfortable eye protection that you will actually wear is a must in my book. While I don't remember any story of lost sight while using hand tools, freak accidents do happen all the time. Santa did you right.

In a somewhat related safety gift, I received wood carver's gloves to wear while using a chisel. I find these comfortable and leave me plenty of dexterity and feel. Hopefully will minimize the need for antiseptic, bandaids and stitches. Until the stupidity evolves to better discipline, they are a welcome protection.

A Buck Brothers chisel that I think is a patternmaker's chisel, found at an estate sale.

Blog Entries
    Thanks gents, I've dodged a few bullets while chopping.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    NEW DUCK!!!

jtk
    I have been saving Christmas and birthday tool money for the last 2 years figuring out what I really need most to be more efficient/proficient with hand tools and filled some gaps where I didn't have the tool (saws and mortise chisels) and was substituting tools that I can't tell if it's lack of skills or just poor tools.

Hit the jackpot! With gift certificates for some LN offerings that I would not have normally purchased for myself, a LN 51, and a LN 8

The number 8 was out of stock so the anticipation builds--how long is the seemingly unanswerable question.....but
    I'm a happy camper.

mos maiorum