Thread: Monster Hollowing Rig.

Monster Hollowing Rig.

Hi fellow Creekers. Is there anyone that has a Monster Hollowing Rig that would be prepared to answer some questions for me via Private Messages. As I am in Australia, there is no one I know over here that has one.
    Thanks, Kindest regards and a Merry Christmas to you all.
    Richard.

I have both the articulated and the straight Monster setups. Will answer what I can. Feel free to PM me.

Clint

I also have both systems and would be happy to help answer any questions you have. PM or email me.
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I also have both and did a magazine review on the articulated a few years back. Don't hesitate to ask.

Being in Australia you consider the Vicmarc articulated hollowing system. I have one and love it. With a 3/4" bar it is sweet and smooth. I was considering the Monster but exchange and shipping were factors and then a fellow woodturner downsized and offered me a deal on the Vicmarc hollowing system, couldn't be happier. I almost ordered direct from Australia, price and shipping was slightly less than US.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Baxter View Post
    I have both the articulated and the straight Monster setups. Will answer what I can. Feel free to PM me.

Clint
    Thanks Clint, PM on its way.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schlumpf View Post
    I also have both systems and would be happy to help answer any questions you have. PM or email me.
    Thanks for the offer Steve, as I told Clint, you are too far away from my travels next year or I might have dropped in to your shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Blasic View Post
    I also have both and did a magazine review on the articulated a few years back. Don't hesitate to ask.
    Again, thanks for your offer Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Delisle View Post
    Being in Australia you consider the Vicmarc articulated hollowing system. I have one and love it. With a 3/4" bar it is sweet and smooth. I was considering the Monster but exchange and shipping were factors and then a fellow woodturner downsized and offered me a deal on the Vicmarc hollowing system, couldn't be happier. I almost ordered direct from Australia, price and shipping was slightly less than US.
    Hi Bert, sorry but I will not consider anything made by that company, its personal. Every time I change my 2 VM 120 chucks over, I have to realingn my brain, because they tighten in different directions.
    Rgds,
    Richard.

Hi Richard-

A little off topic, but since you are in Australia, I wonder if you have had any experience to the Vermec hollowing system?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Casey View Post
    Hi Bert, sorry but I will not consider anything made by that company, its personal. Every time I change my 2 VM 120 chucks over, I have to realingn my brain, because they tighten in different directions.
    Rgds,
    Richard.
    I can fix that. Just box them up and send them my way. They would fit real well with my lonely VM 120. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Sitkin View Post
    Hi Richard-

A little off topic, but since you are in Australia, I wonder if you have had any experience to the Vermec hollowing system?
    Hi Marc, yes I have used Vermecs Ultimate Hollowing system,a few mates close by have them. Extremely well made like all Enzo's gear, works well and good for using with the lathe in reverse. The reason I did not buy one is that I could not work out a way to mount a laser guide to it that would function because the tool shaft rotates in use. Hope that makes sense.
    I now have a Simon Hope jig, very similiar to the Monster, bought it off a guy minus the cutting tools.( he went back to hand held hollowing) I have organised to buy the 3 piece TC tipped set of tools from Trent Bosch and will bring them home with me later this year. In the mean time, I knocked up a real rough tool that holds a bit of 1/4 inch square HSS.
    rgds,
    Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Delisle View Post
    I can fix that. Just box them up and send them my way. They would fit real well with my lonely VM 120. Lol.
    Don't laugh Bert, I am pricing a couple of Sorby Patriot chucks at present to replace them. I am already at maximum weight coming over, otherwise I would bring them to you and believe me post from your way or from here to you is out of control now.
    rgds,
    Richard.