Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Z saw teeth break

3 causes,really. The 3rd. is weak saw tooth design.

Folks, I have edited and removed several posts in this thread. I believe the thread contains good information for the OP and anyone else interested in the subject. If you wish to add to the thread please stay on topic and refrain from needless squabbling.

Bruce
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I have a Kataba Z-saw, purchased 6 years ago as an experiment to work 10x10 cypress timber. It worked very well and I continue to use it regularly. I work mostly cherry/oak/maple, and don't use a hand saw much, but it has become the first I reach for when the need arises. I just replaced the (disposable) blade, so should be set for another 6 years.

I'm not able to offer any insight on how to avoid broken teeth, because it's never happened to me. I don't typically trim dowels with it, but I suspect anything less than 1/2" is much too narrow for the length and spacing of the teeth. I'd think it would be a bear to start, with such a small bearing area as offered by a dowel...?

Bruce, thanks for cleaning things up.