Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Receive Tool or Woodworking Gift?

Flame maple backsplash! Now that is my sort of cabinet. Nice.

Got some gift cards to Amazon, and WoodCraft.
    I'm looking at a Forrest Rip Blade and a Gripper.
    "The first thing you need to know, will likely be the last thing you learn." (Unknown)

routerplane.jpg

My birthday is in Feb if I'm a good boy I'm expecting the stringing accessory kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    Got some gift cards to Amazon, and WoodCraft.
    I'm looking at a Forrest Rip Blade and a Gripper.
    Before you spring for the WWII, go to Cripe Distributing and order a Delta 35-7657 for around $20 + shipping. You will be AMAZED at the quality of cut. I own two WWII's, but the 7657 stays on my saw most of the time unless I'm cutting veneer sheet goods or melamine. Best saw blade bang for the buck there is.

Blog Entries
    A couple of Klein screwdrivers and a fancy Vise Grip wire stripper. A weather station, a quadcopter...all big boy toys.

NOW you tell me...

Gave our son in law a jointer for Christmas. Years ago, friend had his 6" Grizzly for sale, as he bought an eight inch. It was newer than my Grizzly jointer. After a couple months can to the conclusion that it wasn't any better, only newer. About the same time a poster on another forum needed the use of a jointer. I lent him the newer one, telling him when I needed it I would call it in. Contacted him this fall about getting it returned. He suggested that he order a NEW Grizzly and have it delivered to SIL, who lives in WV. But Grizzly no longer had 6" in anything other than bench top model. At same time, over at NC Woodworker, member had up graded to an 8" and had his Jet 6" for sale. I suggested he buy that, and we could go to WV via Winston Salem and pick up jointer. Instead, be bought jointer and delivered it to my house for SIL to have at Christmas. Original borrower got to keep jointer, seller sold his machine, and our SIL got a jointer for Christmas. It was a Merry Christmas for all!

DeWalt sent me a new 20volt max to 18 volt adapter and a new 20volt battery that I wasn't expecting
    Nice!
    I went with DeWalt about 10 years ago because they offered a path to upgrade tier 18V XP tools to LiIon.
    Then I found out you have to buy new batteries, a new charger and one of those converters.
    Runs about $140 for a kit w/two batteries.

A new 20V drill/driver with two batteries & a charger was on sale for $99.

No brainer - - I bought the new drill.
    Merry Christmas to me!
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

I got a few woodworking items from my Amazon wishlist:
    • Oshlun SBW-100060N 60 tooth negative hook blade for my radial arm saw.
    • Swanson 12" and 7" speed square combo set, because for some reason the combo set was cheaper than buying the 12" that I wanted by itself.
    • A Woodstock D4160 on/off switch with a big stop paddle for my 32 year old Grizzly G1019. The old switch works fine, but I wanted one with a paddle that I could hit with my knee since it's down on the base and currently I have to bend over quite a bit (with my head near the table) to turn it off.
    • "Good Clean Fun: Misadventures in Sawdust at Offerman Woodshop" by Nick Offerman.
    ~Garth

Received a gift certificate to the Woodsmith Store to go with one in the drawer (previously sent). Plan to spend them on a new router table.