Thread: Another Oneida remote control issue

Blog Entries

Another Oneida remote control issue

My little Oneida remote fob lights up when you hit the buttons, but it doesn't trip the main relays to turn the DC on or off, even when held close to the starter. The big buttons on the mag starter work fine. Voltage on the odd battery in the fob seems to be fine (edit: 12 v battery 12.64 volts measured). Where do I start?
    Last edited by Ole Anderson; 12-26-2016 at 12:49 PM.
    NOW you tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    My little Oneida remote fob lights up when you hit the buttons, but it doesn't trip the main relays to turn the DC on or off, even when held close to the starter. The big buttons on the mag starter work fine. Voltage on the odd battery in the fob seems to be fine. Where do I start?
    Ole, I have never seen the Oneida. I'm assuming this remote operates with radio frequencies instead of IR.

The wireless remotes I use with my ClearVue cyclone have several channels to choose from. You might check to see if yours are like that and that the channel is set correctly. Other than that, I would open the control box (assuming there is one) and monitor the switched power or relay down stream from the receiver. (Assuming you are comfortable working with live electrical systems.)

Another option is to procure a second remote (nice to have anyway!) and see if it works.

JKJ

Unless Oneida has changed their policy.....you are hosed. They don't sell parts, only complete units.

IIRC, they were in the process of switching to a better made unit, don't know where that ended up.

Mine is finicky on the start button also, sooner or later I'll find out where Oneida is at with this.

Ed

It's most likely the control board. That is what failed in mine.

I prefer to spend my time working with wood not engineering a replacement for the Oneida remote so I ordered a repair kit. It fixed my problem and I now have a remote key fob hanging on a string from the ceiling at both ends shop.

Here's the link if you choose to order one: http://www.oneida-air.com/?gclid=CMm...FUqUfgodTDAFog

Click on System components and then select Remote Controls.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 12-26-2016 at 2:13 PM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I also ordered the repair kit, after asking the same question here. As I remember, it was about $70, but at least I now have two remotes. Easy to install, even I could do it.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Funny, I was just coming in from my shop to post the same problem.

Guess I'll bite the bullet and buy the kit from Oneida.

Blog Entries
    Too late to ask Santa for a repair kit. Thanks for the link Ken.
    NOW you tell me...

Blog Entries
    Got the new receiver installed and all is now well in the dust collector remote arena. And I have a second remote which is good with my 2 room shop. One mounted next to my MS in one room, the other mounted on the wall near the jointer in the other room.
    NOW you tell me...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    I also ordered the repair kit, after asking the same question here. As I remember, it was about $70, but at least I now have two remotes. Easy to install, even I could do it.
    Yeah, I did the same thing. Wasn't happy about the cost, but I do like the extra remote.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.