Thread: Hammer K3 Winner 79" x 48"

Hammer K3 Winner 79" x 48"

Looking to upgrade from a cabinet saw to a small slider for our 600 sq ft shop. Hammer is promoting the K3 Winner 79" wagon travel for $5,390. Their website makes it appear to be a very large sale discount....is it indeed a great price?
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

nah its the normal price if your going for a slider go at least 8' if you are replacing your old saw. minimax goes on sale periodically i paid 9k for S315 and sc4 8.5' was 7.5k they usually go on sale at end of the year which is now. felder offer was a s700 for i think 11000 ish talk with both and the price of felder tools goes way down when u say ohh but i can get this form minimax for x and form felder for x more hold out on them and the price just goes down with felder, minimax wont move on pricing.

Scott, based on the other discounts that are available on the Hammer range right now, and throughout this year, 34% is consistent. Of course you can always negotiate.

Sounds like large machines for 600sq.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    Sounds like large machines for 600sq.
    28 x 22 shop footprint. K3 Winner 79 x 48 requires 14' x 9.5' floor space with outrigger. Outrigger easily removed when not needed to support large panels so it's workable.
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

I bought that size Hammer a couple years ago, delivered was about 7000. Can you still get the combo c3 comfort for the discount price? I would do that now if I did not already have the winner. Like the saw very much.

I purchased the 48" x 48" K3 Winner and wish I had purchased the 79" model.

Regarding space, I have no issue with a 2m slider (which I think is the same as 79 roughly) in 400 sqft double garage so 600 should be easy. I would think they are still doing the C3 deal as it was an anniversary deal for the whole of 2016, but I can't see it advertised at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrew View Post
    I bought that size Hammer a couple years ago, delivered was about 7000. Can you still get the combo c3 comfort for the discount price? I would do that now if I did not already have the winner. Like the saw very much.
    Jim, I received the following quote yesterday from the regional Hammer rep:

Hammer C3-31 Comfort package (5 function) 60th Anniversary $9,995 **Up to $1000 shipping included**

Included options:
    44 - silent power cutterblock
    74 - mechanical scoring unit
    82 - dado preparation
    104 - 1 1/4 spindle
    132 - 78" sliding table
    160 - outrigger 1100
    113 - mulit adj system for shaper fence
    163 - precision miter index system
    168 - crosscut fence 51" (instead of 36")
    210/211 - rolling carriage and lifting bar

Accessories included:
    400-108 eccentric clamp
    410-190 adapter for clamp
    503-120 router spindle speed 3,000/6,000/8,00/10,000 rpm
    500-04-067 precision collet chuck 6,35 mm (1/4")
    500-04-075 precision collet chuck 12,7 mm (1/2")
    03.13.25040 Silent power classic universal saw blade D=250mm
    03.09.08020 adj TCT scoring saw balde D=80mm
    04.0.070.31 Safety profile knife set with safety cutterhead, consisting of 6 pairs of safety-profile knives/limitation blades

Search for accessory details and pricing using part numbers from the PDF's above in our E-shop search engine: http://us.feldershop.com

Optional:
    164 - 35" crosscut fence $176
    500-124 - Fine adjustment for rip fence $68
    Scott Vroom

Scott, I've been out of the machinery business for a while, so it doesn't matter to me what someone buys but if you're thinking of spending $10K on a combo, you should really should talk to Sam Blasco about a new Minimax CU300 Classic. Not internet or Ebay dealers, communicate with Sam directly. I don't think a CU300 Classic will be $10K, delivered, but it could be close and more importantly, it's a LOT more machine for the dollar. Everything heavier, more powerful, and more refined on the CU300. The last time I did an AWFS show, I a guy tell me he wished he had seen my machine before he bought the Hammer. Just some food for thought. Best of luck in your search.

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    Scott, I've been out of the machinery business for a while, so it doesn't matter to me what someone buys but if you're thinking of spending $10K on a combo, you should really should talk to Sam Blasco about a new Minimax CU300 Classic. Not internet or Ebay dealers, communicate with Sam directly. I don't think a CU300 Classic will be $10K, delivered, but it could be close and more importantly, it's a LOT more machine for the dollar. Everything heavier, more powerful, and more refined on the CU300. The last time I did an AWFS show, I a guy tell me he wished he had seen my machine before he bought the Hammer. Just some food for thought. Best of luck in your search.

Erik
    Erik, actually I'm looking at a Hammer K3 Winner or possibly a B3 slider/shaper. I only posted the C3 combo pricing because Jim asked about it. I've already got an 8" jointer and 15" planner so I'm pretty set there. Full combos are intriguing tho
    Scott Vroom

Scott, I have the B3 Winner, would do it again as opposed to just a sliding saw......Rod.

Realize it is too late, but that c3 comfort package looked like a great deal to me. I enjoy using the K3 winner, but the saw, shaper, planer- jointer package for 10 is a great deal. Especially with the silent power cutterhead.

Jim, you might want to give Felder a call and see if they will still honor the discount - there might be a grace period as all the other specials are still on the website