Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1/8 inch blade on Laguna 1412

only thing about hte 14/12 the 115 blade size is an odd size

A 1/8 blade is, in my experience only available as 14 tpi or 18 tpi.
    I buy 1/8 Supercut bands by the dozen last me about 3 months.
    You have to call them to order.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn de Souza View Post
    Van,

All good points. You've now got me thinking about the separate-bandsaw-for-narrow-blades idea..... not that I needed more help with feeding the tool addiction!

Changing subjects but staying on the topic of 1/8" blades. The only source I know that sells and welds 1/8" blades to order is Timberwolf. Their one offering in the 1/8" size is 14tpi. Does anyone know of another source, ideally one that offers a lower tooth count?

I can get a 3/16 blade in a 4tpi skip tooth or hook tooth, but cannot find something similar in 1/8"

You need another bandsaw... or 3.

I use Starrett 1/8 and 3/16" blades (Lenox quit making the smaller than 1/4" blades years ago). Starrett's offerings are 14 and 18 TPI for the 1/8" and they are regular tooth form so you have to see them as nearly a scroll saw blade. Take note the 3/16" blade will cut very similar radii to a 1/8" blade with a Stabilizer. Louis Iturra is where I got my last batch of 1/8" and 3/16" blades.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew R Miller View Post
    only thing about hte 14/12 the 115 blade size is an odd size

The only real issue with that is trying to buy one at the local BORG where you shouldn;t buy blades anyway or need one that day if you haven't found an industrial supply near you (there almost always is one). I can't say it often enough, if you are buying your bandsaw blades in prepackaged boxes or cards you are almost certainly overpaying. Find some place local or order from one of the many great saw sellers that weld the blades from bandstock coils.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

I own a 14/12 and have both the standard ceramic guides as well as the cool block guides that Laguna sells for small blades. The cool block guides are great for 3/8 to 3/16 i wide blades but you need the Carter Stabilizer roller guide for a 1/8 inch blade. It is the "jet1 stabilizer." If you want to do scrolling with a 1/8 inch blade, that is the only way to get consistently good results.