Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why so few avatars?

Thank You for your service Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Pickering View Post
    Made another from an image of a USAF Field Training Master Instructor Badge. I was an FTD Master Instructor during my USAF career...

Attachment 350376
    Chuck
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    Some people just don't know how to create and upload an avatar.

I think this may be the reason.
    I know I had a lot of problems getting a pic the correct size to use.

Have to admit I know people here more by their avatar than name.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Like the man said, don't know how.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Rick, the sizing app that Chuck linked to works well and my virus software says it's safe.
    http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

Here are the steps:

• Open Chuck's resizing app and click Browse.
    • Find a suitable picture on your computer and select it.
    • In the app, set the avatar size to 100, if you are a SMC "Contributor", or to 50 if you are a "Member" and click Resize.
    • The app will give you 3 versions of your picture, choose one and click Download this picture Now.

To upload the new avatar to SawMill Creek:

• Click on Settings on the upper right.
    • In My Settings click Edit Avatar.
    • Click Browse and select your avatar.
    • Click Save Changes
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 12-30-2016 at 2:41 PM. Reason: added link
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Bruce, thank you, now I can redo mine properly.

Malcolm, I've always wondered/been intrigued by your avatar. Absolutely loved the back story.

Blog Entries
    Malcolm, Your story almost needs a tissue alert, great story and hopefully the magic will continue for many years to come.

My avatar is of my wife and I standing in a driveway easement across the front of our property. I am really only a little more than a foot taller than her. She is in a bit of a low spot next to me on a high spot.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Great story Malcolm! My wife and I watched "The Way" a couple years ago, and hiking the Camino is definitely on my bucket list.

My avatar is many, many years old - the old Simpsons site had a feature where you could Simpsonize yourself. I've been using it as an avatar on multiple forums ever since.
    ~Garth

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    My avatar is of my wife and I standing in a driveway easement across the front of our property. I am really only a little more than a foot taller than her. She is in a bit of a low spot next to me on a high spot.jtk
    I wondered about that. She looks so tiny compared to you. Never thought about a low spot!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Thanks Bruce,

Now all I have to do is get pics on this new computer. Absolute computer dummy.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Well, mine is my dog...Patti. She is a miniature long haired dachshund and her coloring is called piebald.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Garth Almgren View Post
    Great story Malcolm! My wife and I watched "The Way" a couple years ago, and hiking the Camino is definitely on my bucket list.

My avatar is many, many years old - the old Simpsons site had a feature where you could Simpsonize yourself. I've been using it as an avatar on multiple forums ever since.
    Thanks all for the comments. I like sharing our story and inspiring others or giving hope to those that are seeking their true love.

Garth- just do it. Pack as little as you can. It takes a month if you start at St. Jean Pierre de Porte (sp?) in the south of France, but there are shorter routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Myk Rian View Post
    Some people just don't know how to create and upload an avatar.
    That is my reason. I worked in electronics and computers my entire life, but I don't take many pictures.

Steve

Great story, Malcom! If you haven't seen it already, the movie, "The Way" with Martin Sheen also follows the trek of Camino de Santiago.

My avatar offers a much more pleasing reflection than what I usually find in photographs. It was fittingly done in the likeness of a Nick Parks character (Parks is the creator of Wallace and Grommit and Shaun the Sheep, amongst others). I found the image generator through some online promotional and have been using the image ever since. Now, if I could only convince the DMV to let me use it on my next driver's license...
    Last edited by Mike Ontko; 01-05-2017 at 8:08 PM.

I was grateful when Bruce changed his avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Riddle View Post
    I was grateful when Bruce changed his avatar.
    lol, my current one is a shot from a Hawaiian condo we stayed at. I would like to be there right now.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney