Thread: The new american made cnc issues continue. what are return options???

The new american made cnc issues continue. what are return options???

I am just wondering if i can take my cnc back for refune. In any other new tool purchase i would but. it is a standerd cnc with added options such as spindle ect. basically will not cut clean in 3D. Been fighting the cnc for 2 months and had in shop since October so not had that long. So fare company has sent me parts and i would install. Just need to know what options are because tired of tearing the x axis pivot assembly apart. Probally could put together blindfolded by now.. thinking i need to hall back to company to fix or to return but not sure what can do with situatoion like this? i would rather not hear take to coart cause i am woodworker and rather spend my time in the shop (in shop in non cnc repair work).

thanks Eugene

Reading through it all it sounds like you've likely tampered/modified/messed with the machine to a point where any form of refund would be void. I honestly can't personally fathom tearing into/taking apart a brand new machine on your own while its under warranty. As sucky as it is, if your in business, its one of those situations where you have a machine on the floor that is not running but being de-bugged by the manufacturer either by one of their tech's or through their support staff and your time.

We had a machine that was giving us fits for well over a year. The company (one who his often times spoken poorly of here and doesnt begin with a G) stood by their machine and us for the entire time to an end point of shipping us a complete machine replacement with a newer/revised model and never took back the old machine (which was basically worth scrap value). That said, we never tore into the machine, or took anything apart, without their say so because the machine was under warranty and was basically their responsibility.

With all due respect, you seem to have been having a lot of problems with your machine that seem to be self-inflicted. Some of the speeds and rates you mention (while they may be spec'd by the manufacturer) are simply unrealistic and unattainable at the price point you bought. There are too many unanswered details to even offer an answer to your question. Have you tried running 3D at reasonable speeds? What exactly are your beefs with your 3D outputs? You havent posted any information with regards to poor surface finish, crashes, what files and code are you outputting to the machine, the list goes on and on.

People have offered input and asked questions that you have never provided responses to.

The purchase agreement you signed was a contract. If terms have been violated you have means for recourse. The problem you have is the terms are vague as far as performance is concerned and this could boil down to a he said she said case. Have you talked to them about this idea? Many companies may consider a return if you want to upgrade, but getting a monetary refund may require some discussion. I know they do fly one of the techs to site for repair work, but you will have to negotiate the cost.

Can you post a picture of parts you cut so we can understand the problem you are having? So far you have only posted a picture of your gantry and that does not tell a lot. Someone like Gary, Gerry, Mark and many others have many many years experience and might be able to help. If you are not good at posting pics PM them to someone to post. People will help.

I have the same machine and I have it tuned now to where I made the parts for the jig pictured to within 0.005" - .010". In my case I am more interested in the accuracy, so speed is not usually much of a concern. It took some work on my part to track down the things to fix, but at the end of the day I have a much better understanding of what I will look for when I buy a new machine. People are here to help, but you have to provide more useful info than what you have so far.
    JIB-FIN.jpg JIG-PARTS.jpg

Eugene, Mark's last line pretty much say's it all. At this point you should be asking the manufacturer or a lawyer what your options are.
    I am closing this thread because I don't believe anyone can factually answer your question.

Bruce
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney