Thread: Anyone with long term results on Fascap Fast Tape?

Anyone with long term results on Fascap Fast Tape?

We are quoting a small job that will need PVC edgeband that we will bring in unglued. We are going to turn the job down if we have to use contact. Anyone had any long term info on the transfer tape from Fastcap? Ive never bought anything from them and have been searching for a heat activated transfer tape (hot air bander) but no luck.

I used the Fascap tape on a number of commercial jobs about 8 years ago. We had shelving end panels with curves on the leading edges so couldn't be put through an edgebander. I never had any complaints with it. I always put it on myself and used the little two roller device that always reminded me of VW bug. It put the tape on pretty solid.

Do you mean FastEdge? I used it on a built in project (melamine) and had great results. I recommend it. I'm just a hobbies though and not cranking out jobs.

Yes, Fastedge. I found a 3M alternative but was leaning towards the fastedge

Fastcap is a great company and makes great products. I think you'll be happy with the FastEdge. If you're applying onsite make sure you have a roller, an edge trimmer, and some kind of flush cut tool (they make a version of all of those of course). I have the "veneer trimmer" that Rockler sells and gives a quick easy perpendicular cut. I'm sure you know all that already, but I was new to edgebanding and those tools were of course important.

Thanks Matt,

Wasnt really questioning FastCaps quality just the long term durability of a cold applied tape. We looked high and low for a heat activated transfer tape but no luck. You can really see when the hot stuff bleeds down into the material (melamine). We will give it a go.

Have all the tools and thanks for the heads up.